Capper question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I would like to get a bench bottle capper as it looks a little easier to use than my hand capper. But because my bottles have been gifted to me they are all not the same height. There is not a huge difference in height; I would guess that they are all within about an inch of each other. Will a bench capper work smoothly with the different bottle heights? I don’t want to be sorting bottles, or have to be readjusting the capper all the time.

There are several "best investment I made" items in my arsenal. As for bottling, this is my best investment...so much easier than the wing cappers

^^That one that Hang Glider is talking about will take almost any size of bottle easily without any resetting. The ONLY problem I've had is to get the bottle centered before pulling down on the handle...ya end up with an unsealed, bent bottle cap!

glenn514:mug:

I'm just starting and also using gifted/saved bottles. I went straight for a bench capper rather than the handheld. It works great but it definetly helps to sort bottles by size as you cap.

I have the one glider suggested. It takes about 2 sec to readjust. So, I don't even bother to sort the bottles. moving from a taller to shorter bottle takes even less time.

Yuppers, that's the Super Agata...the same capper that Hang Glider mentioned. Start with the handle "arm" straight up in the air; push straight down until the capper assembly comes in contact with the top of the bottle; pull forward and down on the handle "arm" to crimp the cap in place. Easy-peasy and simple for us dumb doods! No adjustments needed for bottles of different heights!

glenn514:mug:

Back