Is it infected ?? - NOT A PLEASANT PICTURE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEARDIZ

Reaction score
I tried some some brew that was a week old, and now my tounge looks like this, should I dump my beer out?
moniliasis_oral_1_060721.jpg

Ouch!!!!

The best bet would be to kill yourself and try for reincarnation. You'd prbably come back as an amoeba or something though. ;)

What the hell were you googling for when you found that pic!

put that damn thing back in your mouth! That looks brutal.

P.S. Try shaving that peach fuzz there junior! :D

thrush...see it a lot in immune compromised people...(i work in a transplant ICU)

Yep, I've seen it at the medschool too...even had it when I was a teenager..to a way lesser degree....If I recall I had to take an oral antibiotic that looked like lifesavers for a coupla weeks.

To my knowledge you can't get that kind of a yeast infection from drinking homebrew....One way to get it is to go down on your girlfriend if she happens have a yeast infection (now how did I know that???)

To my knowledge you can't get that kind of a yeast infection from drinking homebrew....One way to get it is to go down on your girlfriend if she happens have a yeast infection (now how did I know that???)

Wow.... I mean.... wow.... I really dont have the words... ummm... jesus... wow.... I think I just died a little inside. :(

If I recall I had to take an oral antibiotic

Now, If you go to the doctor for an oral antibiotic, and he STILL says you are about to feel a small prick? .....Run like hell, he is one of those "naughty" doctors that has aticle from the National Inquirer on his resume. ;)

I was reading some of the posts yesterday, and I think Revvy, basicly went off the deep end trying to tell someone their beer is not infected.. and posted some picture of a girl on the crapper drinking a picutre of beer... I got a chucle and thought this would be a good laugh..
I think the pic is from a hiv person, so it's really not the funny, but.. In this context I think it's funny.. I googled yest infection.. google that and you'll find this was one of the better ones.. I was looking for a skin type ugly scab looking thing, but the toung seemed to fit with drinking nasty beer.

the link is from here.. http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/display.cfm?ImageID=-763630613
there is non work approatie pics there.. unless your in the medical field

You know, the problem with this thread is that it's freaking disgusting. However, I keep looking back at it and now I've ran across your link and my soul needs to be steralized.

I was reading some of the posts yesterday, and I think Revvy, basicly went off the deep end trying to tell someone their beer is not infected.. and posted some picture of a girl on the crapper drinking a picutre of beer... I got a chucle and thought this would be a good laugh..

I never posted a pic of a girl on a crapper drinking a beer?

And as to the infected guy, I posted a lot of info that narrowed the chances that his beer was infected...I still don't believe it was, I think he doesn't like the taste of extract batches, a couple of other posters privately concurred with me via pm....Before I gave up.

as to this thread I thought the OP honestly believed he got thrush from drinking homebrew...Having worked in medical education and having got a minor case of it as a teen for the reason I mentioned, I know a little bit about it...there's nothing more embarrasing than having your doctor explain it and then trying to come up with a convincing lie to tell you parents.

What are you talking about?

so one of the long posts was Revvy
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=766926&postcount=10

But the pic was Yuri
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=73663

It was a slow day at work yesterday..

I still don't understand how this thread, with that pic suddenly became a commentary about me,

but as to the infected guy, I posted a lot of info that narrowed the chances that his beer was infected...I still don't believe it was, I think he simply doesn't like the taste of extract batches, a couple of other posters privately concurred with me via pm....Before I gave up....He's dead convince he has had multiple infections after replacing everything, moving and brewing in 2 different houses, yadda yadda yadda....

Again, how suddenly am I the subject of this thread?

I still don't understand how this thread, with that pic suddenly became a commentary about me,

but as to the infected guy, I posted a lot of info that narrowed the chances that his beer was infected...I still don't believe it was, I think he simply doesn't like the taste of extract batches, a couple of other posters privately concurred with me via pm....Before I gave up....He's dead convince he has had multiple infections after replacing everything, moving and brewing in 2 different houses, yadda yadda yadda....

Again, how suddenly am I the subject of this thread?

you not the subject just the posts made me sort of laugh, not just yours or Yuri, really more Yuri's, that was funny..

there's nothing more embarrasing than having your doctor explain it and then trying to come up with a convincing lie to tell you parents.

or wife.;)

this thread caught my eye, the fist couple of extract batches I made caused my tongue to peel a little on the morning afters. I put it off to incorrect ph causing burning until I realized it would have affected my entire mouth. Now I think I was drunk enough to have slept with my mouth open and my tongue dried out. has never happened since so I guess I'll never know.

Latest posts

Back