Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2003 R6 - wrecked
rightsideclosesmaller.jpg

I was determined to be one of those people who didn't let a crash stop them from riding, so after all of my bones healed, i went out and bought this:
2003 cbr600rr:
rightside.jpg

Somehow it was never the same, so i sold it. I get the itch to get another one every year around spring time, but i've since gotten married and the wife isn't exactly on board with spending that kind of money on a toy right now with all of our student debt... Someday i'll get a cruiser.

This man knows what he's talking about. I had a 2008 B-King that got crushed by a Suburban in December. Instead of buying another B-King I got a 2008 Kawasaki Concours 14. I deeply regret not getting another B-King. Best bike I've had and I've probably had at least 15 bikes.

Well, honestly, if you can swing it... I say don't hesitate. Buy one tomorrow. It is, without a doubt the most incredible machine I have ever ridden. :rockin:

How do I like it?? hah, Well, I might be a little biased, but IMO, it's the single most bad-@$$ bike on the market.

If you're looking for one, or thinking about getting one, now is the time to do it, because a) they're getting to be few and far between in the states, because they only imported them in 2008... and B) since it's pretty unpopular in the states, dealerships are looking to move whatever's left. A lot of them are going for about $8k OTD, when the original MSRP was over $13 (I think)...

Just my opinion - and I mean no offense to anyone - but if Americans weren't so afraid to step outside the lines on 'typical' looks of a motorcycle, these bikes would literally be the most popular bike on the road... It is a seriously incredible machine.

Riding it it, you'd never guess that it is as heavy as it is. It handles pretty darn well. When you're riding, it simply doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it "should" (FWIW, I also came from a 850lb cruiser - Suzuki M109R - so it felt like a feather to me after that bike...)

It's actually set up with a really nice riding position. I've done nothing to the ergo's other than a Corbin seat (more $ than it's worth), and have done plenty of 8-9 hour days with no problem.

The looks aren't for everyone, sure... But I've never gotten anything but compliments. Most people get stuck on the stock exhaust, which i agree, is pretty out there. But, I bought mine with aftermarket pipes (which I would have done anyway), so that's not been an issue for me.

Lastly - and most importantly - The power is absolutely outrageous. I mean, seriously outrageous. No, no... really... It's insanely powerful. BUT - it's also REALLY smooth. For as powerful as it is, it's actually pretty dang manageable. It's not "peaky" or "bandy" necessarily. It's just power whenever and wherever you 'need' it.

I had a 2008 B-King that got crushed by a Suburban in December.

:eek: Man, I hope you weren't on it... (or, if you were, that you're ok - humans are significantly less replaceable than bikes). I might be inconsolable if that happened to my baby.

How do you like the Connie?? I've heard nothing but good things about them (esp the latest-greatest).

Cruckin - that's a great pic...

I was very lucky and came out with just a few bumps and bruises.

As for the Connie, I'm not sure. Surprisingly I've had trouble getting comfortable on it. Plus I miss the torque of the B-King. That bike would rip your arms off. The B-King just fit me perfectly. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy another B-King and forgo the Connie. I think I'm in the minority though. I think most Connie owners are overly pleased with them.

:eek: Man, I hope you weren't on it... (or, if you were, that you're ok - humans are significantly less replaceable than bikes). I might be inconsolable if that happened to my baby.

How do you like the Connie?? I've heard nothing but good things about them (esp the latest-greatest).

Cruckin - that's a great pic...

Heading West across South Dakota on the way to Sturgis.

94 degrees and this was about 30 minutes before we ran into a 35MPH head wind coming at us from our 10:00.

Talk about some dehydration.

Riding_To_Sturgis.jpg

Hill City, SD.
Just before we headed up Iron Mountain Road.

Hill_city_high_Cropped.jpg

A lot of nice bikes here! I'm just itching for the snow to disappear so I can get out for a ride. Here's my 1994 Ninja ZX7....

IMG_1298.jpg

PICT5298.jpg

How do you like the Versys?

It's a big change from the little Ninja 250. It's a 100 lbs heavier and has a bit more get up and go. It also has a lot of the things I always wanted in a bike. A little more power, inverted forks with an adjustable suspension, not just preload...heck the little Ninja didn't even have that in the forks! :D

So far, I'm really happy with the upgrade. The only downside I've found with it is the seat height. I'm six feet with a 32 inch inseam and I can't flat foot it, but I'm getting used to being up on the balls of my feet when coming to a stop. I hope to get out on it again this Saturday!

My 08 heritage, and my wife's 02 std softail. Taken in Daytona last year
daytona2.jpg

what I get to look at while I'm riding:
wife.jpg

My old ironhead
IMG_1459.jpg

I'm dying up here in NW Pa. I'm also a MSF safety instructor so I really enjoy giving back a little.

Man, 22 pgs and only 2 Triumphs...

Here's mine. Previous bike was a '04 speed 4. Sold that on my last deployment and just got a '78 bonnie. It's currently up on the stand waiting on the wheels to get rebuilt, carbs to get rebuilt, and the top end to be refreshed.

IMG_20101106_203259.jpg

Behind it is my brother's '79 bonnie looking much better, and behind that is this:

IMG_6270.jpg

That's my dad's '70something cafe built on a trackmaster frame. It came in a dozen boxes with a '79 title and we slightly modified it...

This...hopefully...is a somewhat dated pic of my Gold Wing. It's a 1999 GL1500SE. It's been in twelve states so far...and we'll go well over 80K on the clock this riding season.

glenn514:mug:

IMG_0002.jpg

Sniff... Sold speedy the other day.

Might have to change my handle to supermoto-n8 if everything goes right next weekend. :)

Nice to see all of the 'naked' bikes.

Seems im in good company.

Here is my Speed Triple (s3)

1191_15_01_08_12_44_22.jpg

Here's my new bucket list bike. Haven't had one for years. Found this on Craigs List. 1981 R100 with an S fairing added.:eek:

BMW R100 002.jpg

Just picked this up today. Yea spring!

IMG_01123.jpg

IMG_01114.jpg

Actually a 2009 ridden 1 summer (1500 mi, purchased Nov/09) with an extended service plan covering pretty much everything thru Nov/16. Good deal as well from someone elses bad luck :(.

skylinepic.jpg

Another SV! 2005. This is my first motorcycle and after riding it for a few years I still love it, though every now and again I wish I had a ducati or triumph. Lots of nice bikes in this tread!

2005 Honda VTX 1300C. Here are some pics from right after the major re-build about 2 years ago. Since then I've added forward controls and put some foam grips on (the metal ones had pretty bad vibration).

New Image.jpg

I love these kind of threads...

My '01 TT600 from a couple weeks ago...
am_image031.jpg

The BMW K1100RS, (the red one), just before we left on a weekend trip.
bc2011_03.jpg

My '83 Suzuki GS1100E
moose_lodge.jpg

And my '82 GS1100E that I just sold this past spring
ByronLaunch.jpg

Also have two project bikes...an '82 GS750E and a '41 BSA M20

This...hopefully...is a somewhat dated pic of my Gold Wing. It's a 1999 GL1500SE. It's been in twelve states so far...and we'll go well over 80K on the clock this riding season.

glenn514:mug:

Very nice!!! I was suppsised to only see one wing here...

here is my 1995 GL1500 in CO on vacation last month.
P8030145.jpg

Nothing special, My 05 Vstar SIlverado, got it a few years ago, wanted an easy bike to learn on. Looks huge buts its a 650. I did a couple mods, had to include some bucs stuff

9ca42fd5.jpg

90bb3765.jpg

f4ab1632.jpg

Nothing special, My 05 Vstar SIlverado, got it a few years ago, wanted an easy bike to learn on. Looks huge buts its a 650. I did a couple mods, had to include some bucs stuff

9ca42fd5.jpg

90bb3765.jpg

f4ab1632.jpg

Did you get the speedo and air cleaner cover from Webslinger on the VStar Board? Man I miss my 650 Custom, so easy to mod. J-slam, carb mod, etc.

Great looking bike BTW :rockin:

1984 Honda Shadow. Great bike. Recently retired from long distance riding, she's in the garage in boxes. Slowly being bobbed out... :)

5106-dsc00835.jpg

Back