Ready to bottle but tastes like canned corn. Dump it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
I was about to bottle my latest ale but from the fermenter it tastes like canned corn. I have never had this off taste yet in my 3 year brewing career. I don't know what happened as I did everything the same as usual. It is an amber ale and I did add a quarter pound of corn meal to the mash but I've added corn before and never got a cooked corn flavor before this batch. Should I dump it or is there any fix prior to bottling?

In my experience, DMS will NOT fade in the bottle. For some reason, it seems like you've got some DMS. I don't know what- not as hard of a boil as usual, ingredients, covering the kettle during cooling, possibly infection, etc, but I don't think it will improve.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

an amber that tastes like that? sorry to hear the bad news, as it always sucks to lose a brew, but like dune says, you'll just have to brew another batch.

Back