Questions about Building a Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
I know that there are other threads out there, but my question is less about process and more about ensuring that I order all the needed equipment the first time.

I finally get my fridge next Monday, and today I going to order the remainder of what I need to make it into a kegerator. If I miss a part, I am going to be really dissapointed.

So, here goes - tell me what I will be missing.

I already keg my brews and use a picnic tap or my beer engine, so I have most of the stuff already. I have kegs, I have a CO2 tank with a regulator.

In order to put my refrigerator into operation with two kegs running, I will need:

2 faucets
2 shank assemblies
a lot of beer and gas line

Will this get me into operation, or am I not considering something important?

Also, how do I know if I should order 4 1/8 or 5 1/8 shanks.

P.S. I think I am ordering from this page.

If you are going to have 2 kegs on at once you'll need some type of splitter. Either a T or a manifold. I got a 2 porter from morebeer that works great. If you want the kegs at different pressure you'll need a dual regulator.

By the way. congrats on the kegerator:mug:

Yeah . . thanks for the reminder. The regulator I have has two "nipples," so I am ready to go in terms of that.

So, those shank assemblies will get me what I need?

Yup just make sure the tail nuts and all are included. Sometimes they change extra for them but the set ups shown in your link all seem to jhave all the parts.

So, should I get the 4 1/8 or 5 1/8 shanks? What's the difference?

Back