17 days still high krausen with wlp400?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PghMakesMeDrunk

Reaction score
I was wondering if this is normal with this yeast? I dont have much experience with Belgian strains. I brewed this Wit on 3/2 and still have a good 1.5 - 2 inches of krausen going on with no signs of slowing down it seems. The airlock is bubbling, but not rapidly.

Everything went fine with the brewday and recipe. I pitched around 68 and has been at room temp. (about 68 degrees) since. I was hoping to add some more Coriander as a dry spice after 2 weeks once the Krausen had fell and have this ready for Easter. Anyone else experience this with wlp400? Maybe its just me, I make a lot of IPA's and am used to us05 or equivalent. I want to start doing more Belgians though.. Thanks..

Ive used this strain twice, and both times it had krausen well after the gravity was stable.

Ive used this strain twice, and both times it had krausen well after the gravity was stable.

Cool, I will check it tonight and see where its at. I didnt really think anything went wrong. I did what I always do when brewing. Just wanted a little assurance. :mug:

agreed- i always get that with the wyeast wit strain, should be the same strain as wlp400. just carry on with your spicing/racking; when it's done it's done. i don't think you'll see this with other belgian strains though

Latest posts

Back