Hello from Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi gang. I'm a long time, but infrequent brewer. I got started on Mr Beer and I still use my little brown kegs because I like the batch size for my purposes. Typically I'm an extract guy but I've done steeping, mini-mash and all grain on occasion. I'm about to keg my first beer when all the equipment arrives- and that beer happens to be my first lager which has been cold conditioning for most of the summer. I used to post in the Mr Beer boards, but I'm making the jump here because it's iOS friendly.

Yooper, I'm in the Metroplex and we have a growing list of breweries around here- though my favorite Texas beers hail from Blanco just outside Austin- Real Ale Brewing Company.

Yooper, I'm in the Metroplex and we have a growing list of breweries around here- though my favorite Texas beers hail from Blanco just outside Austin- Real Ale Brewing Company.

I love the rye pale ale- something "Moon"? I've only found it in the mixed sixers, though, at HEB.

Yooper said:
I love the rye pale ale- something "Moon"? I've only found it in the mixed sixers, though, at HEB.

Welcome from another texan just north of dallas! The rye ??? Moon yoop is pretty good. You can find full sixers around here.

Welcome, I too am "just north of Dallas"...though I'm really just northwest of Frisco between Denton and Frisco...

Hi and welcome from Austin (Manor, really, but I can get to Austin by going less than 2 miles)

Time for another mckinney brew day!!!!

That would be fun. Everything is all so Dallas-centric. When I tell people that I live in Savannah they say oh, Oklahoma? So yeah. I work from home most of the time so I don't have to get into the "big city".

Shoot with all these McKinney-ites, I guess I need to start planning one. I'll keep everyone posted.

Oh Yoop. It's Full Moon Rye Pale Ale, btw. Found some this weekend.

Back