Looking for legit kegs in Atlanta.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajohnson153

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was hoping some of you Atlantans know where I can find a legitimate source for sanke kegs. I want to build a keggle and maybe a sanke keg fermenter but I want to use a legit keg because I am a good person. If anybody in the Atlanta area knows of a good source of non stolen kegs I would greatly appreciate it. I already called Sweetwater and got a less than friendly "We don't sell our kegs." from them.

I've had luck finding them at used restaurant supply stores. Although I'm not in Atlanta they obviously have them, so drive/call around some of the ones in your area. Maybe someone can chime in and tell me if these used supply stores kegs are legit, but I assume they are.

I've also seen several people mention calling the distributor in your area to see if they have any kegs that are out of commission

Hmm, you might want to try stopping by in person at Sweetwater vs calling. I did a few months ago and was told that they didn't have any at that time, but to check back after their expansion was done since they would likely have a bunch after that from purchasing so many new kegs... Sometimes it's better in person...? BTW their expansion/15th anniversary party is on the 18th. I'll be there! :mug:

I've had luck finding them at used restaurant supply stores. Although I'm not in Atlanta they obviously have them, so drive/call around some of the ones in your area. Maybe someone can chime in and tell me if these used supply stores kegs are legit, but I assume they are.

I've also seen several people mention calling the distributor in your area to see if they have any kegs that are out of commission

Yeah I went to the local beer store to ask them who their distributor is. I will probably end up calling them tomorrow and seeing if they can help me out.

And as for Sweetwater, I wish I had known about their 15th anniversary party beforehand. I'll probably be stuck working that day. Maybe if I can find someone to work my shift that day I will show up. I have never been to the Sweetwater brewery before though it has been on my to do list for some time.

Yeah I went to the local beer store to ask them who their distributor is. I will probably end up calling them tomorrow and seeing if they can help me out.

And as for Sweetwater, I wish I had known about their 15th anniversary party beforehand. I'll probably be stuck working that day. Maybe if I can find someone to work my shift that day I will show up. I have never been to the Sweetwater brewery before though it has been on my to do list for some time.

United is the distributor, but they dont handle our kegs and we really dont give away kegs unless, they are unusable any more, ie dont stand up, do to being bent.

United is the distributor, but they dont handle our kegs and we really dont give away kegs unless, they are unusable any more, ie dont stand up, do to being bent.

I have a buddy who is big into metal working. I'm sure he could help with a bent out of shape keg. Fortunately though a friend of a friend I found out works for a major distributor so I think I might be able to get my hands on a keg or two.:mug:

Just to be clear, I don't in any way mean to say that anyone should expect a free keg. What I asked for when I went in was to buy a decommissioned keg (ie: unusable otherwise...), so... ya don't go asking for a keg giveaway type deal... breweries have to buy them, so do you...:p

Just to be clear, I don't in any way mean to say that anyone should expect a free keg. What I asked for when I went in was to buy a decommissioned keg (ie: unusable otherwise...), so... ya don't go asking for a keg giveaway type deal... breweries have to buy them, so do you...:p
I fully intend to pay for it. I wasn't expecting to get one for free or anything like that. I don't steal and I don't expect handouts. There is something to be said for doing things the proper way and not being a mooch or a thief.

Back