Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished this today!
:mug:

IMG00109-20110717-1234.jpg

Here is my keezer placed in it's final resting spot in my basement bar. The bar is not 100% complete, but almost there. Still need drop ceiling & accent lighting installed, log bar stools refinished, and the slate tile cleaned and sealed. I'm making one final push over the next few weeks to knock this thing out. Here's what I have so far. :mug: After drop ceiling, I just need carpet installation throughout the rest of the basement and she's finally done! Only took me 3 years to finish the basement so far, but I'm finishing just under 2000 sq. ft. by myself and these damn home brewing projects, like the keezer build, keep slowing me down. ;) I promised my wife that the basement would be 100% complete before I start building my single tier, 3 vessel, all grain rig, but who the hell know at this point. :D

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

I just completed my keezer. I took inspiration from here, though I came up with a different means of attaching the drip tray.

The keezer:
285782_2296896221176_1212233519_32796897_553572_n.jpg

For the drip tray mount, I bought 2 15" hanging plant hooks from Lowe's. I bent them slightly, both to make the tray sit level, and to center it under the faucets. See here:
270310_2296898501233_1212233519_32796899_1866673_n.jpg

Here is my keezer placed in it's final resting spot in my basement bar. The bar is not 100% complete, but almost there. Still need drop ceiling & accent lighting installed, log bar stools refinished, and the slate tile cleaned and sealed. I'm making one final push over the next few weeks to knock this thing out. Here's what I have so far. :mug: After drop ceiling, I just need carpet installation throughout the rest of the basement and she's finally done! Only took me 3 years to finish the basement so far, but I'm finishing just under 2000 sq. ft. by myself and these damn home brewing projects, like the keezer build, keep slowing me down. ;) I promised my wife that the basement would be 100% complete before I start building my single tier, 3 vessel, all grain rig, but who the hell know at this point. :D

swweeet!

may finally get you some of my redneck retired yankee card brewing shots this weekend!!! doing 2 all grains possibly in 1 day! recruited a helper
may be possible 2 in a day! if nt 2 in a weekend! sat & sun hefe (90 min mash) and APA (60 min mash)

btw... love the stainless vent on the front! matches bar sink and ties that bit of industrial to sink

now you lust need a steel front for the white fridge! lol ;)

What are you using for your temperature read out?

A Love temp controller. I mounted it in the plastic grate that covers the compressor on the bottom left side. I wanted it accessible, but more or less hidden. I may eventually apply some window tint to make it less bright, as it casts a red glow on the wall.

Looks great! Where did you get the chalkboard from? What are you using for the glasses mat?

The chalkboard was a $10 framed photo of prairie dogs from Goodwill. I painted the frame black and used chalkboard paint on the glass.

The mat is just rubber cabinet liner that can be purchased from Target. It comes in rolls in several colors, and can be cut to size.

Cheers! :mug:

Oh, and thanks to everybody on this forum for helping with ideas! There are some awesome keezers out there that helped with the creative process and basic requirements to get this together.

Yeah, I like the stainless vent as well, but it wasn't overly popular with HBT members in the beginning when I first installed it and posted pictures. I think it ties in well with the drip tray, stainless faucets, the stainless bar sink, etc.

I know....the fridge sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm thinking about at least covering the door fronts with some 3/16" T&G knotty pine, because the bright white just isn't fitting down there. I could use liquid nails to apply it and then find a way to trim it out. I would also love to do the right side as well, but am not sure what it will do to the fridge's performance. It has cooling coils on the back, so I'm not sure if skinning this thing with the thin knotty pine would lead to overheating issues or not.....Any thoughts from anyone?

I've spent enough money on this project, so I don't see a stainless steel fridge down there until this one wears out and we move the one from up stairs down to the basement. Any advice would be great about what to do to get the fridge to blend in. :mug:

btw... love the stainless vent on the front! matches bar sink and ties that bit of industrial to sink

now you lust need a steel front for the white fridge! lol ;)

Finally got around to adding a drip tray. A friend found the grate and gave it to me, then I cut up an old guitar that I had lying around. Once I removed some of the inner bracing from the guitar, the grate slid right over it.
249365_1845444145590_1525250201_31477585_4746753_n.jpg

Finally got around to adding a drip tray. A friend found the grate and gave it to me, then I cut up an old guitar that I had lying around. Once I removed some of the inner bracing from the guitar, the grate slid right over it.

That cracks me up and makes me sad at the same time ... very creative! :mug:

That cracks me up and makes me sad at the same time ... very creative! :mug:

For what it's worth, it was a very cheap, low-quality guitar. A family member found it in a closet in their house and gave it to me a while back. I figured that a few people would probably be distraught to find that I cut up a guitar and a 24" stainless drip tray. :D

For what it's worth, it was a very cheap, low-quality guitar. A family member found it in a closet in their house and gave it to me a while back. I figured that a few people would probably be distraught to find that I cut up a guitar and a 24" stainless drip tray. :D

Somewhere a kid without a guitar is weeping.

I finally have finished my drip tray mount, so it is time to post a picture of my kegerator.

This is a very low-mileage fridge that my SWMBO gave me when we got married last year. She's a peach!

Two non-Perlick taps right now, but if things work out, I will eventually have four stainless Perlick and one brass stout tap. The fridge fits four Corny kegs, the CO2 and has room to spare for random six-packs and the ever-aging gallon of mead I made for our wedding.

The drip tray is a complete rip-off of this one. I have eight hard drive magnets on the back instead of nine, but I dolled it up with an actual brass "foot" rail at the bottom. The SWMBO is peach enough to give me a fridge for my beer, but I have a feeling this is about as close as I am ever going to get to building my own bar! :D

kegerator1.jpg

kegerator3.jpg

I love the Jesus tape handle .... Now that is funny...

Where did you get the buddy christ tap handle? did you make it?

Where did you get the buddy christ tap handle? did you make it?

I bought the Buddy Christ statue years ago from here. To turn it into a tap handle, I removed the blue base the he stands on, then drilled a hole in the bottom of his robe, and glued a 3/8 16 nut in there. Sometimes I like to remind my more religious family members that Jesus made wine...

Now that my Perlick has been pressed into use for a good party, it's time to share it:

front.jpg

quartertop.jpg

taps.jpg

inside.jpg

Some important note for anyone considering purchase of the Perlick Beer Dispensers:

• Overall, the quality is excellent.
  • Comes with a 5 lb CO2 tank.
  • The CO2 manifold included does not have check valves (for the price, major bummer.)
  • This comes set up for Sanky Type D kegs (obviously.)
  • You will need to run converted Coke pin lock kegs: Ball lock kegs will not fit in, and I've read that a pin lock keg with pin lock disconnects are as tall as ball lock kegs. Converted (to ball lock) pin lock kegs fit perfectly.
  • The white shelf is removable, and removed will accommodate 2 1/6th Sanky kegs, 2 ball lock converted pin lock kegs. Or, leave it in place and use one quarter barrel.

I haven't measured yet, but I am hoping a 3 gallon corny will fit on the hump in the back. Height wise, it'll be fine. . .but diameter size with the other kegs and the CO2 / regulator I'm not sure yet. If so, I am planning on eventually swapping the tower for a 3 tap setup, and running a double regulator (or a secondary.) I'd like to run water, soda, etc. off this 3rd keg.

Back