3L bottles . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make small batches all the time. I have 8-10 gallon or 4-liter jugs and keep the full most of the time. This allows me to satisfy my urge to make frequent batches of mead without being overwhelmed by the results. However, a batch that size will takes months before it's ready and can be consumed in a couple of weeks - or even in one night if your share.

A 3L jug can be perfect to rack into after you start a batch in a gallon jug. It will be filled completely so topping up is not an issue.

I have several Carlo Rossie 4L jugs. They are perfect for me. I can try a bunch of different recipes and test things out.

I have a 5 gal batch of Blueberry melomel in the first secondary right now, and the recipe calls for 2 more rackings onto 1 lb honey every month. If I were to put a batch of show mead on in one of the 3L jugs, could that be used to top off the melomel to 6 gallons in the next 2 months for bulk ageing in a 6.5 gallon carboy? Or would adding that much mead dilute the blueberry taste/nose too much.

Latest posts

Back