Question about Ed's Apfelwein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsay

Reaction score
My soon to be mother-in-law LOVES wine about as much as I do beer. I believe she prefers dryer wines, though she sometimes goes for the fruitier varieties. That said, do you think she'd like Ed's Apfelwein? Can I bottle Ed's Apfelwein in a standard wine bottle? How wine-like is it?

Gotta please the future mother-in-law....

I believe she prefers dryer wines, though she sometimes goes for the fruitier varieties. That said, do you think she'd like Ed's Apfelwein? Can I bottle Ed's Apfelwein in a standard wine bottle? How wine-like is it?

It's pretty dry. I carbonate mine, and most people who try it say it's like champagne...personally I like it much better than most champagnes. It reminds me more of Italian spumante, but with a hint of apple flavor.

I've had two people say "it's more like beer than wine," which puzzles me to no end...apfelwein tastes NOTHING like beer!

Whatever you think it tastes like, it's great stuff! What amazes me is that the process is so incredibly simple and easy...the same process as prison hooch really, and yet the results are stunningly high quality and quite refined.

You could certainly put it in standard wine bottles, so long as you don't carbonate it. And make sure it's through fermenting first.

Latest posts

Back