Do you let your pets...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
**** and P!SS all over your house b/c you are too lazy to take them outside? Seriously, my wife works with the girl who is telling my wife (as if this is perfectly normal) that her dogs are pampered beyond belief that they let them P!SS and **** all over the house and just clean it up b/c it's just sooooo much easier that letting them outside where they can get ticks and feas and diseases.

I'm sorry, but having a house with P!SS and **** all over is only asking for disease you tard!

The girl keeps inviting us over to her house for "movie-night" and now there is no way in hell we are going to go over to that house... my wife (god bless her for not just slapping this biotch in the face and telling her to wake-up) declined the offer.

Seriously, I know some people really love and pamper their pets, but c'mon; letting them crap and pee in the house is just gross, I don't care how you clean up after that, that's just nasty.

I understand some pets have accidents, that I can handle... Oh sparky barfed on the floor, no biggie... but, Oh sparky is in his corner crapping again is just RANK!

I won't go into detail about the other people living there, but I'm about 5 seconds away from calling animal control on their asses.

bottom line: if you let your animals crap and pee in your house (other than trained in a litter box) you are nasty.

Really?

I'm not sure that there's anything that Animal control could do about it to tell you the truth. It doesn't sound like the animals are being mistreated. I'm guessing that these people don't have human children? If they do, calling children's services might be in order as an environment with animals freely defacating and urinating in the house is not one that's suitable for children, IMO.

Dude, call animal service on them. That's animal cruelty if I've ever seen it. If animals are living in their own waste, it is indeed a matter for animal services.

Ugh, speaking of which, I remember this weird dude I knew in elementary school. I went over to his house one time, and it wasn't a shack in the woods or anything, it was a recently-built 2 story vinyl-clad house...they they did have woods around their house. Anyway, I went over there, and they would leave the doors open to the outside and let whatever animals were around the yard just waltz in and out at their leisure. While I was there, dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, even a f*ckin GOAT went walking around the house! Some would relieve themselves inside, too. The breaking point came when we were sitting on the couch playing Super Mario 2, and this chicken jumps up on the couch and lays an egg right next to me. AGHH!!! DUDE!!!

I never went back.

That just sucks. I don't think there is much you can do, except don't visit them. It's disgusting and while it's not too hard to remove the occasional animal stain, if these people are so lazy they won't take the pet outside, I'm guessing they don't put that much effort into cleaning as well.

Really?

I'm not sure that there's anything that Animal control could do about it to tell you the truth. It doesn't sound like the animals are being mistreated. I'm guessing that these people don't have human children? If they do, calling children's services might be in order as an environment with animals freely defacating and urinating in the house is not one that's suitable for children, IMO.

like i said, I didn't want to get into too much, but there is a "large" family living there, a lot of relatives live in the house and there is a baby and some children there as well...

the whole situation just amazes me.

Looks like the whole "bad-parenting" thing extends to pets these days. Pets need to be disciplined just like kids. I just know that woman's kids are probably pooping all over the place, too!

The girl keeps inviting us over to her house for "movie-night"

I'm guessing it would be a scat film?

That's friggin' nasty. I'd question whether she actually believes they're better off relieving themselves inside, or if she's just rationalizing now that the situation is out of control.

My boyfriend's mom's best friend has a nice house, but she has the dog from hell, a miniature doberman who is pure concentrated evil. The dog spends his days in the garage when she's not home and ****s all over the garage. Sometimes she's lazy and doesn't clean for a few days and there will be piles of poop all over the garage. The rest of her house is clean, but the garage makes me want to puke.

Looks like the whole "bad-parenting" thing extends to pets these days. Pets need to be disciplined just like kids. I just know that woman's kids are probably pooping all over the place, too!

yeah, like i said, I'd rather not go on about the kids... when i do my stomach turns... these people live like they are in a 3rd world country...

it just down right amazes me the crap I hear my wife telling me about the stuff that this girl tells my wife like everyone lives this way...

My boyfriend's mom's best friend has a nice house, but she has the dog from hell, a miniature doberman who is pure concentrated evil. The dog spends his days in the garage when she's not home and ****s all over the garage. Sometimes she's lazy and doesn't clean for a few days and there will be piles of poop all over the garage. The rest of her house is clean, but the garage makes me want to puke.

if she said it was just the garage I'd think it would be a tad better than all over the house, but still, if you are going to put the dog in the garage all day, why not an outside pen with an enclosure for protection? it makes me wonder why lazy people insist on having an animal that needs attention.

that's effing gross, plain and simple.

couldn't have said it any better.

I'm convinced that there are simply too many people in the world who shouldn't have dogs. In my ultra-suburban neighborhood, there is a beautiful Rotty who spends 24 hours/day pent up in what looks to be a 12x5 cage. When we walk our dog past, he looks over at the Rotty and then up at us with a look that says, "Thank God I got picked by you guys."

It's no wonder to me that everybody in the Rotty's house appears to go at least 300 lbs. Here's an idea: walk the damn dog now and then. Walking the 60 feet to feed it twice a day isn't really exercise.

Geez, we have the opposite problem (kind of). We take the dog out and try to keep our schedule diligent, yet he still makes messes in the house. We clean it up as soon as we notice it, but we've had to get rid of two area rugs already. The woman you're talking about is just digusting IMO. I don't think Animal Control would do too much though. I mean dogs lay around in their own waste all the time at "puppy stores". Nothing ever seems to happen to those people...:mad:

if she said it was just the garage I'd think it would be a tad better than all over the house, but still, if you are going to put the dog in the garage all day, why not an outside pen with an enclosure for protection? it makes me wonder why lazy people insist on having an animal that needs attention.

Sounds like my neighbor. She has 3 dogs, keeps them in the garage year round (0°F or 95°), except when they're running loose, ****ting all over everyone else's yard. She's super OCD about her house and goes out and blows tons of money on her brats to keep them out of her hair (you know, instead of actually spending time with them...hence why she has the dogs) and her solution to taking care of animals is just letting them die off and getting new ones. The dogs are still living and at least get fed regularly but the 7 year-old chocolate lab is morbidly obese and waddles like a sow. Real great way to teach a kid about the responsibilities of having pets. :rolleyes:

I keep hoping a meteorite will nail their house but so far it's still standing...

The fact that there are children living in that house is a totally different issue. Some people don't want to get involved and it's really your call whether you choose to do something or not. Most of us, myself included, would probably talk the talk, but how many of us have truthfully known that a child was in a bad situation (dirty house, etc...) and not "ignored" the problem because we didn't want to break up a family?

my wife has two dogs. i do not love them. i don't wish them any ill will, but will not be said when they 'buy the farm'. ;)

Back