What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BottleBomber, you may be a little ass goblin, but you are good for something....

HPIM1644.jpg

Since you reminded me of this beer, it's taken over Tramp Stamp as my go to Belgian IPA. 6 pack of this, or a bomber of TS... no fvckin' brainer. Thanks bud. :mug:

Having nothing better to do today than buy grain and watch my yeast grow, I've been drinking lots.

In some kind of order: my own make of something. It's either an imperial dunkelweizen, or a weizenbock. Not sure. Then, there was a Ninkasi Sleigher, a Full Sail Wreck the Halls, a Double Mountain Fa La La La (was that one too many?) winter ale. I'll probably end it there, as my only other options tonight are more weizen-weizens, Ninkasi ImperiAle, and Deschutes The Abyss. And that's probably too much for one evening alone...

NordeastBrewer77 said:
BottleBomber, you may be a little ass goblin, but you are good for something....

Since you reminded me of this beer, it's taken over Tramp Stamp as my go to Belgian IPA. 6 pack of this, or a bomber of TS... no fvckin' brainer. Thanks bud. :mug:

It's a helluva beer for the price! :mug:

Mikkeller Its Alive, Monks Brew, Invasion Farmhouse IPA, Telegraph Winter Ale, Green Flash Rayon Vert, Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred, arrogant bastard, and som trader joe beer by unibroue that was a golden ale, similar to duvel.

Not drunk...

Homebrewed IPA (nearly a double IPA).

Pretty tasty, well balanced (1.016 fg), although closer to bitter than sweet.

Hop aroma isn't great though, don't think dry hop was big enough and I did it in primary (whole leaf in muslin bag weighed down). It's nice, just lacking a little.

First primary -> bottle brew I've done, tastes a little cleaner than usual (no oxidation / staling)

nukebrewer said:
My IPA with my breakfast of champions. I can still call it breakfast cause it's only 11:52 am here. It's 5 strips of bacon, 5 sausage links and eggs scrambled in the grease from the meats. :ban:

Just try to stay out of the damn cookies ;)

Sixth Glass Quadrupel Ale, From Boulevard's Smoke Stack series. This stuff is really good! Next up is a Tank 7, then a Snow Hound Winter Ale from Big Sky Brewing...

nukebrewer said:
My IPA with my breakfast of champions. I can still call it breakfast cause it's only 11:52 am here. It's 5 strips of bacon, 5 sausage links and eggs scrambled in the grease from the meats. :ban:

There's nothing like a good beer with breakfast!

Heavy Seas Barleywine. A bit heavy-handed, but it's doing the trick--still three days to go til holidays!

Very needed boost after battling wrapping paper for the last thirty minutes!

View attachment 89171

I just got done with my own wrapping paper battle. It was an ugly affair, but I made it though. Glad to see you made it through, too. Celebrating my victory with a Badfish IIPA.

Attachments

• 20121110_215521.jpg
    20121110_215521.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 109
Piccaroons Blonde Ale. My Dad bought them and left them with me. Didn't expect much, but it's a pretty balanced crisp ale with a little hoppiness. Might drink a few of these next summer....

NicoleBrewer said:
Nothing but water for me! I'm pregnant and due next month. So excited to crack open my home-brew to celebrate!

Congrats! That'll be a sweet, well-deserved beer :)

NordeastBrewer77's Burton Ale. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect since i don't believe I have ever had a Burton ale before. It's like an IPA, but not. It's got more of a malt backbone than an IPA with more body. I also detect a little sweetness in the finish with a pleasant, pretty smooth bitterness. I really like it and it really turns me on to the style. Another winner, dude!

20121218_183455.jpg

NordeastBrewer77's Burton Ale. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect since i don't believe I have ever had a Burton ale before. It's like an IPA, but not. It's got more of a malt backbone than an IPA with more body. I also detect a little sweetness in the finish with a pleasant, pretty smooth bitterness. I really like it and it really turns me on to the style. Another winner, dude!
Nordeast - is that similar to the Dogfish Burton Baton? If so (and the appearance is similar) then that is probably a d@mn fine ale!

DisturbdChemist said:
Having my first double jack. Delicousness. Now need to try abrasive by surly.. any one spare one?

I'm trying to make it to where I had random members shipping me Abrasive and Heady on a regular basis just because, but I haven't been able to make it happen yet. So far everyone thinks I have to ship them beer too.

NordeastBrewer77's RIS. This is some really good stuff, but there is something in there that I don't recognize. I want to say star anise, but I'm honestly not sure. Hopefully NordeastBrewer77 will come along and clear it up. Regardless it's a great beer. :D

20121218_194739.jpg

Not really diggin this Ballast point Pale ale. I don't like the aroma or the flavor, maybe I'm just to into ipa's, but its smooth and drinkable so ill do my best to finish the bomber.

bottlebomber said:
I'm trying to make it to where I had random members shipping me Abrasive and Heady on a regular basis just because, but I haven't been able to make it happen yet. So far everyone thinks I have to ship them beer too.

I'll be happily trade regularly if some one is willing. I haven't had an abrasive yet but ill definitely trade for it. Or need to take a trip around American getting brewski's

Big Sky Powder Hound Winter Ale. Good, but would be better aged for a year. It has a ton of bitterness.

Latest posts

Back