Help with my PID Controller Design

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitaminT

Reaction score
I'm building a PID controller that will control two heat sticks one 1000W and the other 1500W. A 120v 30amp circuit will power the controller. I was hoping someone could make me a diagram for wiring it up. I did contact P-J from the forum, but haven't heard back from him in some time. I've got a PDF of the front panel and a material list here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47979768/PID.pdf

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47979768/PID List.xlsx

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are you trying to do with your elements? There are plenty of 110v designs and example schematics that use a single heating element. You could mod one of these to use the 2nd element in manual mode or power both elements ON/OFF at the same time.

I was hoping someone could make me a diagram for wiring it up. I did contact P-J from the forum, but haven't heard back from him in some time. ...
So sorry about that. Perhaps I can explain a little bit.

I have over 30 PMs pending with diagram requests before your PM. It takes me several hours to develop a diagram. It seems that most people think it is super easy to develop a wiring plan. Not so. (BTW: Do you see anyone else doing diagrams for members?)

At this time (over the past couple of weeks) I've been trying to provide support for my significant other in resolving a serious computer problem. I'm spending a huge number of hours each day on that mission. I'm hoping that I will get it fixed tomorrow.

If you are in a hurry to get going, do a search for my diagrams and adapt one that is close to your needs. I've posted a few hundred of them so far.

Again. Sorry.

P-J

I was one of those 30 or so people requesting diagrams P-J and I think I've got it adapted from several thread after the last week or so of research on here so you can cross my name off your long list of pending requests. Two weeks ago I new little to nothing about electronics, now I think I have enough built up to toss this simple design together without killing myself. I'll of course double check with my electrician buddy first though.

So sorry about that. Perhaps I can explain a little bit.

I have over 30 PMs pending with diagram requests before your PM. It takes me several hours to develop a diagram. It seems that most people think it is super easy to develop a wiring plan. Not so. (BTW: Do you see anyone else doing diagrams for members?)

At this time (over the past couple of weeks) I've been trying to provide support for my significant other in resolving a serious computer problem. I'm spending a huge number of hours each day on that mission. I'm hoping that I will get it fixed tomorrow.

If you are in a hurry to get going, do a search for my diagrams and adapt one that is close to your needs. I've posted a few hundred of them so far.

Again. Sorry.

P-J
P-J,
I'm not trying to call you out. I know you're a busy dude and I do respect all you do, have done for everyone on the forum. I was hoping that someone else might help out.

Anyway, I've been researching P-J's diagrams and I've been gaining knowledge, but I don't' want to make something that won't work and/or might harm me. I'll wait for P-J to respond back to me.

Thanks
Troy

Back