Tire bolt pattern question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a set of used rims and snow tires for my Dodge Grand Caravan. The vehicle has a five bolt pattern. Does anyone know if the five bolt pattern is an industry standard or do I have to make sure that the rims are good for Chrysler vehicles?

I would make sure that the rims are brand specific. The wheels on a jeep are a 5 hole pattern, but it is a tight pattern. Measure the center-to-center of a set of holes and then look for wheels that are 5 by (your measurement).

Does that make any sense?:drunk:

I'm not worried about buying tires that won't fit because I'll likely pick them up in the vehicle they're going on. I just want to narrow my search down or at the very least ask what vehicle they came off of before I go down there. Now that I know all five bolt patterns are not the same, I'll make sure I get proper Chrysler rim. Thanks for your response.

You should still measure the wheels (rims) bolt pattern, there may be another vehicle that shares the same bolt pattern. An example would be, Ford Ranger wheels (rims) will fit a Jeep with a 5 by 4.5 bolt pattern.

The easiest thing to do is just ask for Chrysler specific rims, but this is good advice if you are looking to get rims at a junkyard.

Hope that helps.

Back