Best Brew Software on a mac

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSBrewer

Reaction score
Did a decent amount of research but figure I'd get my fav people at HBT weigh in.

Who has used what software on the mac and which is the best?

I also have the ability to run windows only through Parallels but would rather stick with a Mac OS one.

Thoughts?

+1. It's kinda wonky in spots (liquor:grist ratio for US units defaults to gallons:1lb) but is pretty intuitive. Having BeerAlchemy Touch (another $15:rolleyes:) on an iPhone OS device is nice on brewdays.

BIGGEST reason I use BeerAlchemy: It does not consume CPU cycles when idle. This is key -- if I'm hearing fans, I better be at a ballgame!

+1 on Beer Alchemy. I used it for a while and it worked fine.

But after a while, I switched back to using ProMash under a Parallels emulation.

BeerTools Pro is my vote, best Mac brewing software IMO. Great inventory control if that interests you. I tried Alchemy for a while, but it was pretty glitchy for me.

BeerTools Pro is my vote, best Mac brewing software IMO. Great inventory control if that interests you. I tried Alchemy for a while, but it was pretty glitchy for me.

+1 and Jeff's support is A+. EVERYTIME I have emailed him with a question he answers me. Most times same day and always withing 24 hours.

Another vote for Beer Tools Pro. To my eye it's the Mac-iest brewing app, really nice to use, intuitive for basic things but has the ability to do a lot.

+1 Beer Alchemy.

Beer Target does not work on 10.6.4 and Beer Tools Pro glitched every time I opened it.

As for the most "Mac-like," I'd say that title goes to Beer Alchemy as well. UI is easy-to-use and and largely simple. Additionally, I really dig the icon, and if you are a Mac user, your dock space is sacred.

page5_1.jpg

Back