How many beers do you drink a day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many beers do you drink daily

• 1-2

• 3-5

• 6+

Results are only viewable after voting.

JBrady

Reaction score
Just wondering what every ones average daily beer consumption is. I drink 4 beers a day average with a 8 beer maximum maybe one day a week, especially during nascar and college football season. Whats yours?

P.S.--I searched the forum to make sure there wasn't already a thread like this

I usually like one with dinner and one after, but some days I will drink 3 or 4. Any more than that and I start to get a little drunk.

When I was younger every Friday I would buy at least a 6 pack and maybe have 1 -2 a week . . . When that shelf in the fridge filled up I'd drink them all to make more room the next weeks ritual . . . Something I still do 20+ years later . . . Now days I just have more friends and family to help out through the week.

Still a binge drinker . . . I save up all my 1-2 beers a day and cash them in about once a month. :D

I usually drink about 3 a night, on average. Maybe a few more if I'm hanging with friends. College Football season is the exception. All bets are off on those Saturdays.

during the week, i might have 1 or 2 over the course of the week. on the weekends i might have a few.
i'm trying to lose weight right now so i'll only have 1 or 2 after work some nights if i'm stressed.

I prob ave 2 a night. I never drink on Sunday or Monday or Thur for whatever reason. Tues night I'll have 2, Wed 2, and Fri and Sat 4-6 each day.

Money and my pants are getting a little tight, so we're on only homebrew budget. A micro growler can cost ~$13 to fill, and a homemade one about $4 to make, so we're trying to cut back. With that said I really need to cut back.

I like to stay with 1-2 per night and maybe 3-4 on the weekends, but that is spread of the whole day.

2 per day most days, ocasionally 3-4 on the weekends. Right now I'm in the midst of losing 20 pounds so 2 per day is the limit.

I usually drink about 3 a night, on average. Maybe a few more if I'm hanging with friends. College Football season is the exception. All bets are off on those Saturdays.

This is exactly how I do it. Something about watching sports that makes a glass always empty.

You should have a category for 0-1. I have 1 beer maybe 1-2 times/week. More on the weekends. But I also drink a glass of wine or 2 1-2 nights a week. Occasionally Brandy too.

Ditto.

Unless I really need to empty bottles for bottling the next batch, I drink 0 - 3 beers a week. My alternates are mojitos and screwdrivers.

I used to have 1 a night maybe 3-4 times a week when I bought craft, but now that I brew my own and have plenty on hand I find myself drinking 2-3 a night with nights off here and there. Sometimes I'll just have a 22oz, which really is a perfect serving IMO.

I'm a binge drinker. After hockey games I have 2-3 big drafts.(twice a week)

Then of I have an event Friday or Saturday I pound them until my wife drives me home.

But the rest of the time I rarely even have 1. I Guess of I were in denial I would say I'm a "social drinker"

I have 1-2 per night, 3 on some occasions, during the week. On the weekend, I usually up my intake to 4-6.

I normally have 1-2 beers every night, some nights (this whole week actually) I'll have none. Then there'll be weeks where I go back to the keggorator 4-5 times a night all week.

I voted 1-2 but my drinking really depends on many outside influences. When I started homebrewing, it was definitely 4-5 a night...

I voted 3-5 as an average. Some week days I may only have one or none, while on the weekends I will normally have 5-7 throughout the day.
Tom

to change the topic at hand slightly, I don't quite understand how alot of you can be homebrewers but actually drink so little beer on a weekly basis. I undertand that my comment is only my opinion, but in my case, me and the swmbo love our creations so much that we can't help but drink at the LEAST two a day.

I drink if you average them out 1 to 2 a day. I usually only drink on weekends mostly. I catch on the weekends. I could however go a week or two with out a single drink as well. Them some times I'll put a case away in a day with no worries.....

I'm not trying to say that to be a homebrewer you got to drink so much beer, but AS a homebrewer I know how good this stuff can be and don't understand how some can drink so little of it, maybe I am just and drunk lol, or younger than the majority, lol

I drink if you average them out 1 to 2 a day. I usually only drink on weekends mostly. I catch on the weekends. I could however go a week or two with out a single drink as well. Them some times I'll put a case away in a day with no worries.....

I hear ya, even as much as I do drink, I can go days or weeks without it if I choose. If i couldn't I would probaly have to rethink how much I consume on a daily basis

I think I'm noticing a small trend here. Earlier this morning there was a much higher proportion of people voting 1-2 beers than 3-5. The proportion is steadily shrinking as the 3-5 drinkers start waking up from there heavier sleep. LOL the 1-2 drinkers were the ones up earlier.:tank:

I think I'm noticing a small trend here. Earlier this morning there was a much higher proportion of people voting 1-2 beers than 3-5. The proportion is steadily shrinking as the 3-5 drinkers start waking up from there heavier sleep. LOL the 1-2 drinkers were the ones up earlier.:tank:

I'd debate your argument if I hadn't slept in this morning and came to work late...

I'm in the 2 beer area most nights, but voted 3-5 because sometimes there's a hockey game on or I'm thirsty or stressed. This thread makes me feel better about it though ;)

+1...sporting events and summer night backyard fires can empty a keg real fast :mug:

I usually have about 1 a night during the weekdays, but on the weekends it can range. During baseball season though it's up for grabs, anywhere from 2 a night to 6

Might have 1 or 2 during the weekdays if I feel like it and then I'll have a few on the weekends.

This problem is that I bottle with 34 oz. IKEA bottles so I drink them exclusively on the weekends. Not that's necessarily alot of beer, but drinking one of them is just under 3 beers which I usually don't do on weekdays.

1 a night at the most usually. Really, its more like one every other day. Also depends on what I have in the fridge. Im a type 1 diabetic so some beers mess me up more then others so I tend to drink them less often. Not that I don't like them though . . . .

I have 0 beers during the week, for fitness reasons. After I started brewing I noticed the pounds packing on because I was having 2-3 a night lol. So I cut myself back to only drinking beer on the weekend. Friday to Sunday I drink however much I feel like.

During the week if I feel like a drink I go for whiskey or vodka, sometimes red wine.

Obviously my 0 beers a weekday thing gets blown off if I have a particular beer I've been waiting to try for some time...I give in on occasion.

i'm still young and dumb. a normal week day will see probly about 6 a night and weekends it's a 12 pack or more. i like to grab a beer first thing after waking up. at least it's good microbrew though instead of bmc.

1 during the week and 6-8 between sat and sunday so it averages to 1-2 per day.
i was having 1-2 every night but the weight gain was giving me grief

This thread has made me feel much better about myself! I'm usually at about 2-3 on weekdays. Except for Monday margaritas. Friday/Saturday/Sunday more like 6.

Sunday Football kills all of this.
Baseball season makes it more like 3-4 a night.

I'm trying to cut back to lose some recent weight gain. But it hasn't worked too well this past week.

1-2 per day, generally. With all these 10% beers I can't drink much more than that and not get drunk. Yes, I'm a lightweight.

We did a liveaboard dive trip in Australia one year. Four days, 4-5 dives a day. They had a pretty good selection of beer on board, but I was exhausted at the end of every day and had maybe one.

Coming back into port I was talking to one of the crew about why they stocked so much beer. "Oh, we have runs where it all gets drunk." "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, just last week one guy drank a total of 50 over 3 days." "Did he make all the dives?" I asked. "Yep" she said.

are you a im a alcoholics? :)

AA is for quitters and my momma didn't raise no quitter. in all seriousness though I can go just fine without alcohol. I been here in Iraq since last march and I've been just fine sober. I just really enjoy the taste of beer, the buzz is just a nice side effect.:drunk:

I gave up drinking on weekdays for lent. Never have I wanted a homebrew, micro brew.... even BMC on a random Tuesday.

Back