minibrew HLT electric conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
I see that the MiniBrew HLT has a port for an electric element.

Wondering if anyone has done this, and if so, what size element etc.

I know HighGravity sells an all electric HERMS system with the 15 gal minibrew units ..

I wld prefer not to spend $1,000 !

If you are thinking of heating 10+ gallons in the HLT, you would probably want to start looking in the 3500-4500 watt range.

I use a 1500watt element in my well insulated 7.5gal alum pot. It takes around 35-40 minutes to bring 4 gallons up to my strike temp.

How long are you willing to wait to raise the temp of the water?

ok --good to know I don't HAVE to go 220 , but if I get the herms system that High gravity sells, them I need 220 -- right ?

What was the actual element you used ?

ok --good to know I don't HAVE to go 220 , but if I get the herms system that High gravity sells, them I need 220 -- right ?

What was the actual element you used ?

i still havent completed mine. and you can use any element you want. you can buy the setup and ask them not to include the electrical element or i am sure they will put in a 2kw if you wanted them to. give them a call. super great people.

Back