way behind schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
Thanks to the results of an earlier post(Gutted),i am way behind schedule()due to trying to drink the grolsch to quick:tank: .
I have just cleaned a sterilized equipment, kegged 5g's of Birkby Bitter.
Then rushed upstairs to the bathroom/cleaning room,rinsed the fermentation vessel and filled it with sterilizer(limited equipment is the problem:( ),rushed downstairs to the cooling boiled water to proof the yeast for the next brew(Woodforde's Great Eastern Ale:D ).
Gap of 20 minutes to have another grolsch and check that SHMBO is still speaking to me(went round to pick up my wife's birthday present from my sister and came back with a crate of grolsch:D ...its not her birthday until thursday...whats the panic....i told her RDWHAHB!!!!!!!!)

23.28 UK time just pitched yeast,one more grolsch then bed(woke up SHMBO when checking on her:( :( .
Never mind(will remind her of the 5g carboy later:rockin: )

BeeGee said:
Yeah, I've pretty much learned not to check on SWMBO after a session.

I have to check on mine. She can get out of those bindings pretty quick if i don't check on her.:ban:

AHammer16

If my wife looked like your avatar,i wouldn't need to brew my own beer:D :D .

Listening to Radio 2,just finished the last grolly of the evening,airlock set...speak to you again tomorrow:ban:

So what is the perfect brew schedule to stay supplied with homebrew year round? ie. 1-2 batches monthly? What say 'yall.

PanzerOfDoom said:
So what is the perfect brew schedule to stay supplied with homebrew year round? ie. 1-2 batches monthly? What say 'yall.

On my 8th brew this year.Trying to keep myself in draught beer and get some brews bottled for when the camping season starts again(doesnt help that i am struggling to get all the timing right for bottling and kegging:( ,more equipment will soon be added to overcome that problem).
The other problem is family and friends drinking my beer when they come round for dinner or to watch sport(rugby union mainly and speedway,there was 5 of us round for a recent rugby match and that was a whole keg gone in one day!!!!:drunk: ,but i have asked them to buy me some kits then they can have beer when they come again).
Will aim to start one new brew a week:D

oxford brewer said:
AHammer16

If my wife looked like your avatar,i wouldn't need to brew my own beer:D :D

I hope your wife doesn't know / can't easily guess your HBT password and username....if she can, was nice knowing ya! :D

BTW, you're rushing around like a (Blue Ar$ed Fly) BAF there...you want to slow down...:fro:

BlightyBrewer said:
I hope your wife doesn't know / can't easily guess your HBT password and username....if she can, was nice knowing ya! :D

Its ok she cant read these posts as i have shortened the chain on the sink,and she cant reach the pc;)

Back