Kegging BMC???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorerm04

Reaction score
So this is a noob to kegging question. Could you technically carefully dump cans of BMC into a corny and the purge the O2 and set it at serving pressure without having funky oxidized beer. I ask this because some of my friends are disgusted by the idea of drinking anything but BMC.

Why don't you (or better yet, they) just get a keg of BMC?

TyTanium said:
Why don't you (or better yet, they) just get a keg of BMC?

I dont drink it so I have no idea about it..... Can I get a ball lock keg of BMC at the liquor store that does kegs?

I dont drink it so I have no idea about it..... Can I get a ball lock keg of BMC at the liquor store that does kegs?

I doubt you can get a ball lock keg of BMC, but you can get a sanke keg and buy the adapter to us with your system. MUCH easier than buying two cases of BMC and filling up a keg...

Or, you could try and get some new friends that apprecaite good beer.... I'm just sayin'.... You have options... :cross:

Yup, or search the forum for "converting BMC drinkers" for ideas on brewing "gateway" beers. And agreed with ValleyBrew that converting a Sanke keg is easier (and cheaper) than pouring a bunch of cans.

If you're going to buy it anyway, then why don't you just serve them cans?

You can also do a keg to keg transfer between the bev out of the sanke (commercial) keg and your corny. I did this to save space, went from a half empty pony keg to a corny. Steps:
1. Sanitize target corny
2. Put a qd on the other end of your sanke out bev line, but don't attach yet.
3. With the top on the target corny, give it some gas and vent to remove oxygen.
4. With the target with no pressure, hook up your sanke to corny bev to bev line. The beer will start to transfer. Keep your gas applied to the sanke source.
5. Every 30-60 seconds, vent the target keg a bit. This keeps the source at a higher pressure and the beer flowing.

You can tell how much is in the target by the condensation on the outside of the keg, or by weighing it before the transfer and during.

This method keeps oxygen out, keeps the same carbonation level, etc.

I can understand wanting to have something your guests will drink, but do you really need to go to the effort of filling up a keg with BMC so they can pretend they are drinking your homebrew? Serve em cans, or if they wanna feel fancy, serve them bottled BMC poured into glasses.

Just buy a case of cans and let them drink cans. If they ***** tell them to buy their own damn beer.

Yes you could pour cans into a keg. But why go thought the trouble?

Any thread with BMC in the title is guilty of trollism until proven innocent.

Sometimes bona fide threads will get caught in the dragnet, but it's part of the cost to society in order to keep us safe from terrorists. Homeland security stuff you know, hope you understand.

I don't choose my friends based on the beer they like.

I think it's pretty cool that the OP wants to have his friends' favorite beer on tap. Any old dude can put what he likes on tap, but to put what he doesn't like on tap? Now there's a friend.

Drink what you like, brew what you like, don't be a tool.

Back