Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenadas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, my original plan for a fermenter/keezer was shot down by the wife.

Instead, I went with a 2x 7cf Holiday freezers from Lowes. One for fermenting and one for the keezer. Fermenter is put together and running. I've already run 3 5gl batches through it without issues. I'd post pictures but it looks EXACTLY like it did out of the box, other than I cut the vent on the side and secured the controller to it there.

Now I'm on to the keezer project. Freezer is sitting in the garage waiting for some attention but I haven't really decided which way to go yet. I'm leaning toward a coffin for the unit with the underlying premise of Hippos version with a little Texas flair instead (Read: old fence boards for lapping and a big star on the front ;) ).

I wanted to see if anyone has any comments on air gaps of the sides, controlling coffin fans/compressor/etc?

Any comments you have would be great. As I move forward I'll add some pictures to the thread.

Back