Cider from apple concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ye I have made it from juice from my apple trees, been so good. Problem is there are no apple left :(

Will see if the supermarkets sell it without preservatives, problem is I am not sure they do unless it is from concentrate or £2 for 500ml (more expensive than cider!)

Most supermarkets over here sell frozen juice concentrate for about $1.25. It will make 3 US pints of apple juice (almost 2 UK pints).

Walmart has it over here. You might try Asda. Costco might have gallon containers of juice for a decent price.

Most home brew cider kits contain apple concentrate as their core ingredient, so yes.

Morrisons is good for cheap organic juices as they have a huge range of them (what with that whole, we're a fantastic real food company and whatnot they seem to bang on about.) My dad has made a wine from Vimto cordial and that worked too, I think you just have to boil it up before you attempt to ferment it, and dissolve sugar into it whilst boiling to get the correct SG. You should be fine with apple though, just depends on the ingredients, and yours should be 100% organic!

Has anybody ever added different kinds of concentrate to cider? Meaning add 5 gal cider and 5 frozen apple/raspberry concentrate. My dad made a raspberry cider using cider then raspberries in secondary and it turned out quite good, but I was wondering how good it would be to just use the concentrate? It would sure save time, money, and energy to use concentrate over fruit.

Yeah, there's plenty of people on here who have done that. Search for Concentrate on the Cider Forum and i'm sure plenty of results will come up!

Back