Getting involved

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleHole

Reaction score
How do I get involved in the beerswap? My first AG is getting bottled next week and think it would be cool to have it critiqued (hopefully its drinkable :drunk: ) . I also think it would be fun to sample other homebrewers beer. How many bottles do you all usually send? I may not be able to critique as well as some, but will give it my best to try.

There will be another one coming up in a couple months. The deadline's already passed for this one, swap partners were long ago assigned. Nothing to keep you from swapping directly with other people on the board, though, if you can arrange something.

Ok, that will give me time to get some beer conditioned. Looking forward to the next swap

I missed out on this one too.
If you want to swap a couple..you know, for practice... I would be willing:mug:

I'm a new AGer as well. I have a quasi-hob goblin clone that's about to be racked to secondary, an ESB that will be bottled in about a week, and a maibock that's been fermenting for about 2 months and is tasting incredibly malty and smooooth.

I'll trade with ya. What'd ya brew?

Id be happy to swap to, in a few weeks once I get more than one beer going!

Do they have the sign up things in this thread when it come around every few months

Wow I forgot about this thread. Maybe we could work something out and get our own beer swap going. I have my first AG bottled that is ready to go, a Mac & Jacks African Amber clone. I just bottled my second AG yesterday, Denny's Rye IPA(hopefully its ok, I discovered my airlock and bung laying on the floor next to the secondary. Thanks to my son it was like that about 14-15 hours). I also have a couple of extract batch's bottled of a Black Butte Porter clone, and an Imperial IPA but that's more like an APA to me.

Brewtopia, I would be willing to meet with ya and swap a few beer's. I have a feeling you have a lot more experience brewing than me so my beer is probably not as good as what you are used to drinking. Where do you live? I am in Des Moines about a 30 minute drive from downtown.

Also, how do you ship beer? What is the best way to package, and who is the best to ship through, i.e. USPS, Fed EX, UPS?

Des Moines, mnpls mn here so shipping would be fairly cheap! Ill take a 6 pack right now while I am waiting for my first beer to finish. lol

As for the packaging I dont know what the others have did. I would assume alot of bubble wrap and peanuts with some card board walls for sturcture inside the box so things are not rolling around

mot said:
Des Moines, mnpls mn here so shipping would be fairly cheap! Ill take a 6 pack right now while I am waiting for my first beer to finish. lol

As for the packaging I dont know what the others have did. I would assume alot of bubble wrap and peanuts with some card board walls for sturcture inside the box so things are not rolling around

You must think Iowa? Sorry I am in Des Moines WA. A suburb of Seattle. We could still swap a couple beer's though
:rockin:

I'm in downtown Seattle. I just kegged my Impact IPA and Blackberry Sage Porter (these are both partial mash) and can bottle up a couple of those with the beergun. I have another beer ready and bottled which is an AG oaked Imperial IPA. I'll be bottling an AG bourbon Imperial Stout in another week.

We could meet at the half way point, say, The Dog & Pony Alehouse in Renton. Not sure if you've been there yet but they have one of the better beer selections in the area.

PM me and we can set up the exchange.

As far as shipping, I ship from work via FedEx. We get a pretty good discount. I line the box with a trash bag to contain any liquid should a bottle break in transit. I wrap the bottles with bubble wrap and so far, have never had a casualty shipping as far as MA.

Latest posts

Back