My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, bro, it's looking good!!! THe stone looks awesone!

Glad to finally see this coming together.

:D

You mean after the flack you gave me about waiting for updates you haven't checked here in a couple of months?

Sheesh! :D :p :D

I'm going to have the half pictured above about about 95% done by this weekend to get ready for a poker tournament at the house. I'll try to remember to take some pics with the poker tables and everything in place. About the only things left that I can think of is to complete the trim and grids for the windows (which will have to wait until I have drywall up on the pub side) and to build a desk/table to store all the stuff that I have for the poker tournaments that we host.

I still don't have an ETA on starting the pub portion of it, but it probably won't happen for a 6-12 months. We need to recover from buying the hot tub (posts #79 and #80).

That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen, Nice one brewtus

homer_drool.gif

looks great! Itsa amazing the wife is ok with all this- if i could only get my girlfriend to drink good beer....

looks great! Itsa amazing the wife is ok with all this- if i could only get my girlfriend to drink good beer....

Like I've said before, she wants to see it done as much as I do. Now it's just a matter of having the money to finish the other side. We avoid credit cards like the plague, so some saving up is in order before work can start on the stairs, the bathroom and the pub side of the basement - I also have plans for the brew room too. :D :D

ohiobrewtus, that's one awesome pub/basement. Hands down one of the best I've seen. And as said, that entrance is very nice. That stone really completes it. Makes me really wish I had a basement.

Once again, thanks for the kind words. I still have some finish work to do, but it will probably be next year before we have enough money to get a good start on the pub side.

I'll probably use the time between now and then to feather out the damn butt joints in the drywall that turned out like crap. No one seems to notice them but me, but it drives me freaking nuts everytime I look at them.

After reading this all at once, I'm glad you showed the guys that were giving you a hard time about waiting what's up by posting more pics! The basement looks killer! Looking forward to seeing more next spring.

Now onto read your deck thread you lucky bastard!

Ohio Nice job so far ... I am liking the staining on the cement...

One thing I was noticing.. Your Moulding and your baseboard...

Moulding: Did you buy that prefabbed or did you do the carpentry yourself?

Baseboard: Did you leave a gap between the drywall and the floor and recess the boards into the wall? If so, I've never done that... I usually run strait over the drywall... Is that so you can run your wires after the drywall is in place or for ease of access?

Keep up the great work.
Thanks,

Jay

Ohio Nice job so far ... I am liking the staining on the cement...

One thing I was noticing.. Your Moulding and your baseboard...

Moulding: Did you buy that prefabbed or did you do the carpentry yourself?

The baseboard was all purchased at Lowe's in 10' sections. I did, however, build the columns from scratch.

Baseboard: Did you leave a gap between the drywall and the floor and recess the boards into the wall? If so, I've never done that... I usually run strait over the drywall... Is that so you can run your wires after the drywall is in place or for ease of access?

Keep up the great work.
Thanks,

Jay

No. You can see in some of the pictures that I left the bottom 8" or so up from the floor without drywall for a while. That was because 1) I didn't want to get acid stain all over the drywall and 2) I have 9' ceilings down there, so 2 full pieces left the gap that I needed.

Once the floors were stained I put greenboard up. The baseboard has drywall behind it, just as in most normal applications.

Ahhh thanks for the explaination... I thought you were going to leave it that way and then just put the baseboard over it... kinda like an easy way of getting behind the wall if you wanted to add more electrical later...

Thank you. I'm not sure when I'll get to the 'cool' side if it, but when I do it's going to be freaking epic.

Lots more important things on the financial table right now though.

Kyle-to-English Translation: "I lost a bunch of scrilla to online poker this month, so I can't afford basement renovation materials for awhile." ;) :D

Nope. Mainly because my 10 year old has braces coming up. Man those things are expensive.

Lions win!
And now my Browns are officially the worst team in the NFL.
The Lions will get at least 2 wins this year, since they play in November...

Thank you. I'm not sure when I'll get to the 'cool' side if it, but when I do it's going to be freaking epic.

Lots more important things on the financial table right now though.

Cool Side? I would take the damn thing like it is now with just the bare studs. Hell I think I would kill for a basement of any kind a this point.

I will still one day pass out down there, most likely in the corner booth next to the stage. :D

Cool Side? I would take the damn thing like it is now with just the bare studs. Hell I think I would kill for a basement of any kind a this point.

I will still one day pass out down there, most likely in the corner booth next to the stage. :D

Most likely in the bathroom. :D

Just now saw this but didn't make it through all of it.

Looks awesome (and that's just the first few pics).

But imo you need a pole or two. Batpole, stripper pole, etc.:D

You might hate Florida...no basements at all.

EDIT: And I'll take 3 racks of high society and a Kiltlifter.;)

It's looking like things will get started on this in the next few weeks. There have been some layout changes though. What's currently being used as a poker room will get a fireplace, a sectional and some rugs and become a media room. The poker tables will move to the bar area. I'm giving up some space and losing 1 of the 3 booths, but I think it will still end up being plenty of 'man space'. :D

As always, pics will follow if/when there are significant updates.

I'm giving up some space and losing 1 of the 3 booths, but I think it will still end up being plenty of 'man space'. :D

Compromise is key. It's a small price to pay for the willing allowance of any "man-space" at all.:mug:

So I spent some time cleaning and moving things around. I ended up losing a booth and about 1.5' further into the brew room than I had anticipated, but I can make this work.

There's still plenty of room at each seat around the poker tables, and plenty of room for 4 people to sit at each booth. All things considered, I think that this is a pretty good compromise considering that we end up with a media room and a projector. :D

The plan is to put up a knee wall to separate the pub area/booth from the poker area.

I begin tomorrow evening doing some re-wiring to accommodate the changes.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

Yes, the knee wall will run along the length of the booths. I'm thinking about putting a bar top along the knee wall as well. Something high enough to put a couple more bar stools for additional seating.

Back