Not Related to Homebrewing- 2009 Easter Bunny Open

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
So I finally won my first Bass Tournament last weekend. Here are a few pic's from the weigh in. :ban::ban:

My buddy Steve is on the left. I've got the chocolate bunny... He was supposed to be holding up the check, but the fact that we won hadn't really set in yet.

The winning bag weighed in at 21 lbs 7 oz. The largemouth on the far left took lunker as well, at 5.7 lbs.

What a great day... I still can't believe we actually won. The wind was a steady 25 with up to 40 mph gusts. It rained, snowed, sleeted, etc all day. By far the worst conditions I've ever fished in. You can read more about it if your are interested at: Show me the Bunny

Nice fish! Have to say though... if that's the worst weather you've fished in, you need to get out more often. I frequently fish mid-winter for the Steelhead here in Northeastern Ohio in snow, sleet, rain... etc. I don't care what the weather is like, gotta get a line in the water if you have a chance. As long as the river isn't blown out, I'm there!

Nice sack!
I prefer catching spots in 80 degree weather, though. Maybe it's just me!
Heads are on the bed in Bama, so brewing is done on Monday nights. Saturdya is for Bass!

Nice fish! Have to say though... if that's the worst weather you've fished in, you need to get out more often. I frequently fish mid-winter for the Steelhead here in Northeastern Ohio in snow, sleet, rain... etc. I don't care what the weather is like, gotta get a line in the water if you have a chance. As long as the river isn't blown out, I'm there!

I would have preferred snow. The torrential downpours and high winds were the problems... 6 layers including a goretex outer layer, and I was soaked to the bone. With steelhead on a river, you aren't dealing with the open waters of a lake, and that wind doesn't build as much.

I love trout fishing as well. I've been fly fishing since I was 12, and have worked in the industry on and off since I was about 17.

Back