Fermentation Chamber Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok well I wanna use an STC instead of my Johnson cuz its cheaper and I can heat and cool the chamber... But my question is, is a fan inside the chamber necessary? I have a 4.4 cu Frigidaire refrigerator that im using so its not like its a huge fermentation vessel or anything like that.

Any thoughts or feedback or info on anyone elses setup would be appreciated so i'm finding that wiring an STC with an always on might make it a bit trickier (since im not technically inclined in the least bit).

no, it's not necessary. i have a 7.2cf, and i don't have an always on. it works great. i keep mine in a room in the house, and i only have the cool wired in

I just built out this same controller. It's a great controller. I paired it with this personal heater as the heat source: http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-100-MyHeat-Personal-Ceramic/dp/B003XDTWN2/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_y

This heater has a small fan built in so that whenever it is running the fan is on. When the heater is off the fan doesn't run, so it is a great way to get a fan to run only when you want it to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just built out this same controller. It's a great controller. I paired it with this personal heater as the heat source: http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-100-MyHeat-Personal-Ceramic/dp/B003XDTWN2/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_y

This heater has a small fan built in so that whenever it is running the fan is on. When the heater is off the fan doesn't run, so it is a great way to get a fan to run only when you want it to.

Well I already have the STC ordered and it seems a bit cheaper but ironically i have that exact same heating unit saved on my wishlist for just this purpose so i'm def sold on it now without using the fan. Thanks for all the input!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at work right now, but later tonight I'm going to post a thread on a diy fermentation chamber that I built which uses a stc-1000. When I put it up I will post a link on this thread to it. Maybe it will give ya an idea or to.

Finished the Beer Box thread. I hope you enjoy. Here is the link

Peltier Beer Box Finished

Excellent thread, thats a pretty cool set up. I'm not very advanced technically so I think its def above my skill level but im curious, how much did the hardware on that cost ya. Not the wood and stuff but the cooling elements.

All things considered I think the electical side of things cost around 120 or so. I could have downsized the power supply and saved a bit. I don't think the setup is over your ability level. Especially if you have an electrician buddy who can help a bit. Good luck either way.

Back