Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a couple payments yesterday, I'll forward the names to bmason to update the spreadsheet. I'm out of town for a wedding till Monday, so if you pm or email I'll reply as soon as I can.

I just emailed the most recent paid list to bmason for the spreadsheet. Please check it after he updates to ensure I've received your payment.

I just emailed the most recent paid list to bmason for the spreadsheet. Please check it after he updates to ensure I've received your payment.

I just updated the spreadsheet. It looks like there's 3 people who haven't paid yet. Please get your payments to Demon as soon as you can so he can place the order. Thanks.

Any idea how long it will take to have the grain delivered once we send them the payment? I'm just trying to plan my brew days for the fall.

Pfloraday said:
Any idea how long it will take to have the grain delivered once we send them the payment? I'm just trying to plan my brew days for the fall.

Once Demon makes the credit card transaction it usually takes two days for the grain to be delivered. There are still three people who have not paid him yet so that's what's slowing us down at the moment.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

If you have not paid yet please PM me with your intentions. If you need more time I can work with that. If no payment and no contact by Friday you will lose your portion of the order and it will be offered to the others in the buy.

n2deep said:
Payment sent!

Any idea of where the grain will be delivered to?

At the address listed on the quotation from the distributor.

At the address listed on the quotation from the distributor.

I don't think I ever saw the direct quote from the distributor. If it was linked in this thread and I've missed it, please let me know.

n2deep said:
I don't think I ever saw the direct quote from the distributor. If it was linked in this thread and I've missed it, please let me know.

PM Demon for it.

Some split payments are trickling in, so I will go ahead and pay the invoice today. Should have grain before next weekend.

I paid the invoice. It will ship out on Tuesday for delivery later in the week. The order is shipping to bmason's shop, if you need the address I can provide it via pm. When the grain arrives we will begin scheduling the pick ups.

I paid the invoice. It will ship out on Tuesday for delivery later in the week. The order is shipping to bmason's shop, if you need the address I can provide it via pm. When the grain arrives we will begin scheduling the pick ups.

sounds good to me.

RC0032 said:
woot! Great to see these rolling!

Where have you been hiding! Your name came up at the chaos meeting yesterday in a good way.

Perfect. I will PM you about picking mine up on Saturday. This is awesome timing as I just used the last of my PBW last night!

I will also be a Saturday pick-up - we should all try to coordinate a time so that bmason isn't too inconvenienced with multiple arrivals during the day. I should be free all day, so any time works for me.

IMPORTANT. This is from the distributor. I have held back on them shipping anything until we can get substitutions for the out of stock grains. Can I just go ahead and substitute with a comparable malt? For those who are affected please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

"I have the following stock outs that will not ship with your order.

Chicago Homebrew: 1 bag Baird Pilsen, 1 bag Baird Munich, 1 bag BEST Dark Munich

Please advise if ship as is or send me your substitutions."

EDIT: Fixed all of my spelling errors. :)

Hopefully we can get a time when we can get a group together. I have a few recent brews that are just about ready that I can bring to sample. They are all young but still tasty!

Breakfast Stout: Ready
Bourbon Barrel Aged Breakfast Stout: Ready
Oktoberfest: Ready enough
Chocolate Cherry Stout: Kegged about a week ago but should be carbonated enough by the weekend.
Hoe Gardening House Ale: Ready
Watermelon Ale: 1 left I think.

IMPORTANT. This is from the distributor. I have held back on them shipping anything until we can get substitutions for the out of stock grains. Can I just go ahead and substitute with a comparable malt? For those who are affected please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

"I have the following stock outs that will not ship with your order.

Chicago Homebrew: 1 bag Baird Pilsen, 1 bag Baird Munich, 1 bag BEST Dark Munich

Please advise if ship as is or send me your substitutions."

EDIT: Fixed all of my spelling errors. :)

I wont even bother to look. If any of them are for my order you can sub them out for any other brand.

ThatGuyRyan said:
I wont even bother to look. If any of them are for my order you can sub them out for any other brand.

You're a good man, Ryan! Thanks.

Ok, I requested the following substitutions:

BZ-PILS
BZ-MUNH
GB-MUNH30

I am hoping that they just go ahead and ship without adjusting the price. The above are premium priced grains. Will keep everyone posted.

Perfect sub on my order. I can make up the minimal difference in cash on Saturday during pick-up, if they do adjust the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back