Stone Enjoy By 07/04 & RuinTen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geremiah

Reaction score
I have one of each. I am mostly interested in PtE. If not, any other over-rated IPA would do fine.
Let me know what you have..
Thanks!

Wow just wow.... First off your kinda asking for charity since people that can get pte can get stone and people that got heady can get any IPA easily. But asking for us to throw you a bone is totally cool but than coming off like a ****** and insulting the beers you want us to be generous with by calling them "over-rated" ipas is not how you get trade partners. Having had all of your beers pte and heady are not over rated and are better than all of the mentioned beers. I mean they won't cure your hemroids but they are the best Ipas in the world. (Granted the number two spot probably doesn't belong to pte as its probably number 3-4)

Thus ends my thread ****ting.

While zama spoke a tad harsh, his point is still valid. I think you would have better luck getting pliny by offering up something local to you that a guy buying pliny won't see right next the pliny when he buys it.

There is always the chance that someone in cali missed out on the stone beers, but its pretty plentiful out there and anyone who wanted it likely got it.

I don't know where you live, but if you want some help on what someone might like for a pliny trade, let us know your state and we can offer up suggestions to help you get it done.

I think his "over-rated IPA" comment was tongue in cheek, dont read too much into it. OP may not know that this batch of Enjoy By is all over CA atm. Considering each batch is limited availability I dont think he is asking for charity at all.

Wow just wow.... First off your kinda asking for charity since people that can get pte can get stone and people that got heady can get any IPA easily. But asking for us to throw you a bone is totally cool but than coming off like a ****** and insulting the beers you want us to be generous with by calling them "over-rated" ipas is not how you get trade partners. Having had all of your beers pte and heady are not over rated and are better than all of the mentioned beers. I mean they won't cure your hemroids but they are the best Ipas in the world. (Granted the number two spot probably doesn't belong to pte as its probably number 3-4)

Wow just wow.

RDWHAHB :drunk:

Yea, ZamaMan, that was a bit excessive. Let the guy scope out his trades, we dont want this to turn into BA where its a flame fest when people post up a trade.

Lol I was drinking off the kegerator last night as you can tell so I was pretty gone :tank:

Yeah I did come off a bit harsh but the idea behind my post I stand by. Maybe he was being tounge in check but on the internet that's hard to tell unfortunately. But in general putting down a beer you need help getting is not the way to go.

Anyways hope the op gets some

Lol I was drinking off the kegerator last night as you can tell so I was pretty gone :tank:

Yeah I did come off a bit harsh but the idea behind my post I stand by. Maybe he was being tounge in check but on the internet that's hard to tell unfortunately. But in general putting down a beer you need help getting is not the way to go.

Anyways hope the op gets some

Op was right. These beers are overrated. Even the best beer in the world doesn't deserve the type of praise these get. The way they get hyped up ruins the experience of finally getting to try one. I don't think overrated is a put down at all.

First of all ZamaMan,
I don't appreciate the negativity you're bringing.
I am not, in any way, asking for charity.
Stone's Enjoy By and RuinTen are great beers and I believe that both of them for one Pliny is fair. If you don't think so then keep your drunken opinions to yourself.
I understand that the beers I have for trade aren't at the same level as Pliny, but PtE is no longer available here in WA state.
I stand by my statement that what people consider the "top 3" ipa's are just that, over-rated. Nothing negative, it's just too hyped.
I've been drinking ipa's for years and years. I also was born and raised in Yakima Valley so I don't appreciate the snobbish way you came off. I may have very few post counts, but that means very little besides my probability of not being a rip-off.

ANYWAYS, if there is anyone willing to do some trades for "famous" IPA's (better?) than let me know, as I'd be happy to trade.

Thank you

m3n00b said:
Op was right. These beers are overrated. Even the best beer in the world doesn't deserve the type of praise these get. The way they get hyped up ruins the experience of finally getting to try one. I don't think overrated is a put down at all.

That's a joke. To call PTE over rated is laughable. PTE was the DIPA pioneer. Are there many better DIPAs out there? Sure are but respect should be given to it. Heady topper is IMO like no other beer. Again to call it overrated because so many people want it is quite pathetic. John kimmich created his own yeast strain for the beer that a ton of people want and harvest from the cans. I'm just curious how these beers get hyped up as well? People try them, people rate them and people want them. Plain and simple. I don't think I've ever heard someone who's a hophead say that either one of these beers are not good..

Geremiah said:
First of all ZamaMan,
I don't appreciate the negativity you're bringing.
Stone's Enjoy By and RuinTen are great beers and I believe that both of them for one Pliny is fair. If you don't think so then keep your drunken opinions to yourself.
I understand that the beers I have for trade aren't at the same level as Pliny, but PtE is no longer available here in WA state.
I stand by my statement that what people consider the "top 3" ipa's are just that, over-rated. Nothing negative, it's just too hyped.
I've been drinking ipa's for years and years. I also was born and raised in Yakima Valley so I don't appreciate the snobbish way you came off. I may have very few post counts, but that means very little besides my probability of not being a rip-off.

ANYWAYS, if there is anyone willing to do some trades for "famous" IPA's (better?) than let me know, as I'd be happy to trade.

Thank you

Lol 2 posts per month! I hope the op gets what he wants! But I do find it funny that people want to trade for " over rated ipas" and get all butt hurt when people defend the beer. If these beers/ipas are so overrated then why are you trying to trade for them? Just so you can be just like everyone else :)

The guy had everyones sympathy, even zamamans....then he posted something just as *****y as zamas drunk post, which zama admitted was too harsh. Not gonna win the op many points.

Hope he gets the trade done, but he didnt make it easier on himself.

That's a joke. To call PTE over rated is laughable. PTE was the DIPA pioneer. Are there many better DIPAs out there? Sure are but respect should be given to it. Heady topper is IMO like no other beer. Again to call it overrated because so many people want it is quite pathetic. John kimmich created his own yeast strain for the beer that a ton of people want and harvest from the cans. I'm just curious how these beers get hyped up as well? People try them, people rate them and people want them. Plain and simple. I don't think I've ever heard someone who's a hophead say that either one of these beers are not good..

I've had pte and pty. They are two of the best beers ever made. I also had both the beers in the OP. The Enjoy by was epic. Very drinkable. The RuinTen is an insane, to-the-limit hop/alco bomb. Never had heady but would love to try it. I'm just trying to not expect too much so I can be surprised which is hard with all of the praise it gets. Never said either of these were not good. In the end it's still just a beer. Not worth driving across the country to get one.

Pliny is what made a lot of the new "big" ipas what they are and is still solid. It was an extreme IPA in comparison to most a few years ago. It just happens to be that a lot of other breweries have stepped up and make comparable hopped-bombs (Heady, abrasive, Ghandi Bot, etc). Pliny is still excellent, but the gap between it and other IPAs is disappearing.

Oh, and I would rather have Enjoy By than Pliny for consumption, price and volume. Toss in a Ruinten and that is a steal. IMO it should at least be 2:2, good luck OP.

Everything gets turned into political debate.
I want a certain beer that I cannot get, I have certain beers to trade for said beer. If you'd like to trade, please post. If not, that's fine as well. :]

Hope you all enjoy a good beer today!

Got my hands on another of each. Pricey beers honestly, but I love the joy of trading. So it's totally worth it. Drink on!

Geremiah said:
Got my hands on another of each. Pricey beers honestly, but I love the joy of trading. So it's totally worth it. Drink on!

What did you pay? All the enjoy by I have seen was $6.50. Ruin ten is out tomorrow here

Wow you guys got it nice. It's $8.99 here. But then again, we should just be happy they don't charge for using a public restroom in Illinois at this point...

TheMan said:
Wow you guys got it nice. It's $8.99 here. But then again, we should just be happy they don't charge for using a public restroom in Illinois at this point...

I was living in the Chicago suburbs before Georgia. Things are a bit cheaper down here

I will make you both feel better. When enjoy by came to PA I was paying $14 a bottle.

Jersey got it yesterday $8 a bottle

Edit: $8 for Ruin10, don't think we got this bath of Enjoy By. Luckily got one in a trade :)

I will make you both feel better. When enjoy by came to PA I was paying $14 a bottle.

Ouch. $14 for Doom maybe, but not any other IPAs that I can think of that I would spend Barrel Aged stout type money on.

TheMan-I am in Roswell, just west of Woodstock on 92, so I am familiar with Acworth.

No Enjoy By for us this time around. It was $8 a bomber in May.
Ruin Ten hasn't shown up here yet either and I can't understand why. My local stores say they should have had it by yesterday. Hopefully by this weekend.

Ain't that the truth!!! I picked up Ruin Ten at Binny's(chain store big beer section) for $6.99, the Enjoy By I think was $7.99 during one of the previous release. I'm out in the burbs...I stopped in once to a little guy who clearly had bought them himself to resell and was trying to charge $14.99!!

Ain't that the truth!!! I picked up Ruin Ten at Binny's(chain store big beer section) for $6.99, the Enjoy By I think was $7.99 during one of the previous release. I'm out in the burbs...I stopped in once to a little guy who clearly had bought them himself to resell and was trying to charge $14.99!!

They do that a lot around here. One guy has a six pack of zombie dust that's been sitting for months now, he is asking $16.99 for it! Does he not realize this is why its not selling? Lol

Count your blessings guys...those beers aren't available everywhere. I would love to just be able to buy Stone, DFH, Russian River etc. on a whim.

Keep in mind there are thirsty guys in Kansas (among other states) that don't have the luxury of beers from said breweries. Only 40 cents a day and YOU could put one of those beers in the hands of these needy beer drinkers. (Insert commercial with sad music and a washed up celebrity here)

I paid $8.95 +tax for one $9.95 for the other.
I just thought it was odd since all the other IPA's/IIPA's were between $5-7, including Stone's brews.

Trades go out today guys! Thanks for those that participated.

Stone's Enjoy By and RuinTen are great beers and I believe that both of them for one Pliny is fair.

For what it's worth, I've had Pliny hundreds of times...just had RuinTen for the first time last night. RuinTen absolutely BLOWS Pliny away...and I like Pliny alot. Stone is alot more accessible than RR, but that RuinTen you have there is one of the best DIPA's I've ever had including Heady or anything I've tried from Hill Farmstead and Alpine. Amazing beer!

For what it's worth, I've had Pliny hundreds of times...just had RuinTen for the first time last night. RuinTen absolutely BLOWS Pliny away...and I like Pliny alot. Stone is alot more accessible than RR, but that RuinTen you have there is one of the best DIPA's I've ever had including Heady or anything I've tried from Hill Farmstead and Alpine. Amazing beer!

It's a triple at 10.5

Comparable to Pliny The Younger or Exponential Hoppiness

Back