• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Homebrew equipment wanted! Need everything!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachattack698

Reaction score
I'm in the Portland,Maine area attending college and want to get into home brewing. I've brewed before*at a friends a few times but looking to be able to do it on my own.*
As most college kids I'm pretty broke that's why I'm looking for used equipment I basically need everything, I have a 5.5 gallon kettle but I sorta want bigger to do all grain but im more interested in carboys, bottling buckets, cappers, siphons etc. Anything anyone can help me with would be great! Thanks!

Just to be clear I'm willing to pay for this stuff not looking for free stuff however free stuff is never turned down :)

Most of the online homebrew sites have pretty good deals on starter kits. This is often more cost effective than piecing things together, plus it's easier because you don't have to worry about what you might not know to get.

That said, people often sell old equip for pretty substantial discounts, so hopefully you can find what you need. Welcome to the hobby!

There is a groupon from Midwest supplies that comes up a few times a year. It's a good deal on a starter kit and ingredient kit + $25 g/c to their site. Watch for that. Homebrew Finds will list it usually when it does pop up so watch that site as well. Glad to see another northeast brewer. I grew up in southern Maine. :mug:

Thanks for the info guys! I have been trying to catch that Midwest groupon for a while now somehow I missed the last time it was up.

I check Craigslist a bunch but I thought I'd ask here as well thought I'd have better luck here plus I just discovered this site haha.

Edit: Zeekage beat me to it!

Aw, I thought you were in Portland, Oregon at first. I am near there and have found a great source for stuff fairly locally. But you're not in Oregon!

I borrowed as much as I could when I started out, which basically came down to a pot and capper. I bought a plastic bucket and all the cheap stuff like tubing. It was so fun. Now I have my own pot and capper (I even have a wine corker!). It does build up over time. Exciting times :D Happy collecting/buying.

BonnieJ said:
Aw, I thought you were in Portland, Oregon at first. I am near there and have found a great source for stuff fairly locally. But you're not in Oregon!

I borrowed as much as I could when I started out, which basically came down to a pot and capper. I bought a plastic bucket and all the cheap stuff like tubing. It was so fun. Now I have my own pot and capper (I even have a wine corker!). It does build up over time. Exciting times :D Happy collecting/buying.

I live near Portland & would love to know your source ? My rentor has a scurce for malted barley - Scott In Carlton

just bought the groupon kit,

I don't really need it but I can barely buy the two buckets for that price, much less a brew kit/capper/bottling wand/etc

Back