Back in VA.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAV3

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Dave and i live in the Harrisonburg, VA area and i just got my first extract kit boiling. I am interested in brewing because i am a bit of a dreamer and i love good beer. I would love to get together with some others in my area to learn more about brewing all grain and such. If anyone is around, and would be interested... I work for myself and have spare time. I am 37 with one wife and two kids. I also like mountain biking and fishing and general out door stuff.

Happy brewing!

Dave

Hey Dave, good to meet you. I live in Woodbridge and although I doubt you will want to drive 2 hrs to brew you are welcome anytime. I built a Brutus 10 and if you don't know what that is then cruise over to alenuts.com and you will get the idea. You can also search on here and find a ton of info.

Cheers,
Eric

Hey Eric,
Where is Woodbridge? My in-laws are in Williamsburg and we go there quite a bit. Maybe sometime if its sort of close... I could stop by to learn something about a brutus.

In the Dale city area. Give me heads up and I will make sure to have a plan ready when you are around.

Welcome from the mouth of the Creeper Trail in SW Virginia! Ever down this way give me a shout!

I live in Harrisonburg and Im interested in starting a brew club so DAV3 if your still around and are still brewing give me a shout

Hey Dave!

Welcome to the forum from another new member! I went to college in Harrisonburg (JMU) and then lived in Woodstock for a few years. I really miss living in the Valley since moving to Philly. I still go back and visit friends there a couple of times a year and am glad to see that the craft beer/microbrew culture there is growing all the time (although I was very disappointed to learn that Mike's Mini-Mart on Main Street closed- I hope there's still somewhere to get good six-packs).

Good luck in your brewing adventures and, in the meantime, go hoist one at Calhoun's!

Checking in from Marion, va. I didnt know I was that close to cigarmitch.

I work on the creeper trail.. I'm one of those guys..

Zac I used to live in Bristol and rode the creeper trail often. I wish Wolf Hills was around when I live in the area.
Cheers

@ Heady
Calhoun's closed there doors in Aug 2011. In its place is a Capitol Ale House. Not a micro brewery at all but have over 100 different beers on tap. Very nice place a bit pricey though.

@ Heady
Calhoun's closed there doors in Aug 2011. In its place is a Capitol Ale House. Not a micro brewery at all but have over 100 different beers on tap. Very nice place a bit pricey though.

I was a bit disappointed to hear that, especially since I worked in the kitchen at Calhoun's for a while when I was in college and always liked the place... but I just found a news story about it and it looks like Eric closed the restaurant so he could concentrate more on brewing. That being the case, I wish him the best and look forward to drinking more of his brews in the future!

Eric closed the restaurant so he could concentrate more on brewing. That being the case, I wish him the best and look forward to drinking more of his brews in the future!

I dont know Eric at all really but a friend of mine does and said he is hoping to open a brewery somewhere in the county so that he wont be hit with the city brewery tax.
And there is a rumor that its coming in the next year or two.

If your ever in the Burg look me up

Cheers

@ Heady

Theres a capital ale house in H'burg? Where have I been the last last few times I was in town.....damn.

Capitol Ales just opened last Friday
Zac do you know Dave Reimer hes and old friend and I think he knows the dudes that started Wolf Hills

I'm just a bit over an hour from you in Culpeper, VA! Have you been to The Fermentation Trap just south of the RT. 33 Rt. 29 junction? Great brew supply store!

This is a hobby that can become an obsession..FAST! I just started brewing in November 2011 and I'm already on batch #4 and have ingredients ordered form my own recipes and am building a mash tun to start all grain brewing soon!

Hey guys,

My name is Adam and I brew down in the Hampton roads area. Originally from just outside Harrisonburg and I come up there to visit alot. I'll be coming up to work on my brewstand the first weekend of Feb. Send me a message if you wanted to get together sometime for a brew!

Back