Steam bottle sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSOE_HomeBrew

Reaction score
I am a electrical engineering student and this semester I have to build and program a robot to do multiple task. When this semester I want to use the mircontroller to build a automatic steam bottle sanitizer (followed soon after by a 6 bottle automatic filler) using YuirRage's steam mashing design for the steam supply.

I was curious if anyone here knows how long steam needs to be applied to sanitize a bottle?

Also if any one has any experience on using DC motors could you half me decided on what kind of motors i would need to lift six bottles in a tray up to 6 steam dispensing tubes.

It would be easier and safer to move the steam injection tubes up into the inverted bottles. For safety you could link the manifold to a ball valve which opens when tubes are inside bottles to provide an interlock to prevent early release of steam. As to the time needed, it would depend on steam temperature and bottle mass, after bottle reaches steam temperature there is no point in using more steam.

Back