Is it wrong to dream about brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay,

maybe my hobby is making me crazy, but I've been having dreams about brewing....

the other night, I dreamt that I have a really hot ale fermentation. So hot that it blew the lid and steam was coming out! My friends all said it smelled like crap and was spoiled, but I fired back: "Revvy said it will be okay! Just give it time!"

But, then again, I dream about fishing as well (my other hobby, which I haven't touched since I've started getting serious about brewing).

Does daydreaming count, because I think about beer/brewing all day long.

If dreaming about brewing is wrong...I don't want to be right.

I've dreamnt about brewing alot since I started...I even once dremed I brewed on of Cheezydemon's caramel beers. The last 2.5 months I've been taking Chantix to quit smoking, and my dreams have been very very vivid, and detailed, and a lot of them have been about brewing. Last night's had a lot to do with Belgian Beers.

Dreaming is not really a problem. I hate it when my mind is racing about recipes/techniques/etc. while I'm laying there trying to fall asleep. I've tossed and turned for two hours before I finally drifted off because my mind was consumed with thoughts about beer.

Not really a dream about brewing but I had this crazy dream the other night where someone stole my truck and was throwing those .5L German bottles at me and breaking them in the parking lot. And for some reason all I could remember thinking, as I was dodging bottles, was that I was f@$#%ing pissed off because I'm trying to collect as many of those as I can for bottling.

I really don't dream about it now. But the months leading up to my starting, when I was researching and deciding how I wanted to go about it, were filled with thoughts of brewing when I went to sleep and when I woke up my very first thought every morning was about brewing, and I dreamed constantly about it. It still is constantly on the fringe of my mind whatever I'm doing. Is it wrong? No way!! It's just passion!

I guess it depends on what you're dreaming about brewing. If you're dreaming about brewing a Bud Lite clone...then that is soooo clearly wrong! And if you're dreaming about having sexual relations with your brewing equipment...also wrong. The exception to the last rule is Jester's coffin kegerator...that's just damn sexy!

The last 2.5 months I've been taking Chantix to quit smoking, and my dreams have been very very vivid, and detailed, and a lot of them have been about brewing. Last night's had a lot to do with Belgian Beers.

Congrats on the Chantix, hopefully it is working for you. I took Chantix and have been smoke free for 14 months on 8/24. It really is worth the effort. I couldn't have done it without Chantix.

okay, now it's not just dreaming but the brewing process is sneaking into everyday activities....

I was making "summer harvest soup" last night with ground elk, squash, zuchinni, green beans, and corn from the garden.

I add some garlic when I was browning the elk; and then once the soup was simmering, I looked over at the other half of the garlic bulb and said: "hmmmm....I've already added my bittering garlic, maybe add some during the last 15 and last 5 of the simmer for some aroma and flavor?"

Back