Anybody ever think about hiring a maid/servant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1ryno

Reaction score
Anybody ever think about hiring a maid or servant to brew/rack/bottle your beer for you?

This hobby might not be for lazy people.

Lol I am the maid/purchasing department /recipe maker/brewer /janitor/gopher/ label maker/ label installer and all of the other things that go along with it... To me the fun is in the stages and hats to wear at certain times.

If you've ever worked in a brewery, you'll know it's not glamourous at all. You wear rubber boots, have a shovel, and a canoe paddle. And you work hard- it's back breaking work. Brewing is mostly cleaning- mashtuns, boil kettles, pumps, hoses, equipement, etc. Then it's sanitizing. Then it's cleaning again.

If you are the DIY type, you can scratch one together with a little sex. Insert TabA into SlotB, water as needed, put to work 10 yrs later.

Ha... I think I would feel too guilty giving my kids beer brewing chores.

My daughter had a Christmas shopping spree at school (thats what they teach them now) and she bought me the coolest dad beer cooling wrap. She already thinks my favorite thing to do is make and drink beer :( ... Imagine if she showed up at show and tell trying to teach the other kids how to measure final gravity with the hydrometer?

Yeah, I would be the worst dad in the class. :rockin:

I think I could talk my wife into it if I let her pick the ingredients once in a while... and maybe even do the bottling on top of the dishwasher door like Revvy suggests. Right now I need to mop my garage floor as I have priming sugar and spilt beer from racking on the floor of the garage. I need to lean out my process, thats for sure.

My daughter had a Christmas shopping spree at school (thats what they teach them now) and she bought me the coolest dad beer cooling wrap. She already thinks my favorite thing to do is make and drink beer :( ... Imagine if she showed up at show and tell trying to teach the other kids how to measure final gravity with the hydrometer?

I think I could talk my wife into it if I let her pick the ingredients once in a while... and maybe even do the bottling on top of the dishwasher door like Revvy suggests. Right now I need to mop my garage floor as I have priming sugar and spilt beer from racking on the floor of the garage. I need to lean out my process, thats for sure.

My kids have bottled many batches for me. It's a great learning event for everyone. There is all sorts of physics, chemistry and biology lessons there, as well as some good hand-on activity. I don't bottle anymore though so not so much for them to do now.

My 15-yr old made a keg of rootbeer a few weeks ago. He pulls that tap at least once a day. His soda tap is the one on the far right.

If you've ever worked in a brewery, you'll know it's not glamourous at all. You wear rubber boots, have a shovel, and a canoe paddle. And you work hard- it's back breaking work. Brewing is mostly cleaning- mashtuns, boil kettles, pumps, hoses, equipement, etc. Then it's sanitizing. Then it's cleaning again.

I completely understand this. I volunteer for a local small brewing company and was seriously able to cancel my gym membership. Crawling in, under, around, over, and through fermenters, mash tuns, grates, silos, mills. Think cleaning at home is a pain, try doing it on a commercial scale. Hard work but awesome work.

passedpawn said:
If you are the DIY type, you can scratch one together with a little sex. Insert TabA into SlotB, water as needed, put to work 10 yrs later.

This is what I did, except now I need to feed them, clothe them and buy them stuff.......not sure I was thinking with my head.

ryno1ryno said:

I should have read the whole thread before my last post. I got a phone call from my oldest daughters Health teacher a few years ago with concerns of how much she knew about beer, my daughter had told me what happened in school so when I talked to the teacher I simply explained that I was a home brewer and that she has helped me make several batches and how she was concerned that his information was wrong and if he was going to discuss it in his class that he should have his facts straight.

I work at a brewery?

Zuljin you work in a brewery? I was pretty sure you were some sort of mad scientist researching DNA. Wow, hate it when I'm wrong.

No. Just in a place with rubber boots, hoses, shovels, a canoe paddle (a nasty, nasty canoe paddle) tanks, mixers, pumps, equipment, microscopes and microorganisms.

It's akin to brewing though. Have to maintain the right environment for the right bugs to do the right things.

Screw a maid though. I don't need anybody snooping around.

No. Just in a place with rubber boots, hoses, shovels, a canoe paddle (a nasty, nasty canoe paddle) tanks, mixers, pumps, equipment, microscopes and microorganisms.

It's akin to brewing though. Have to maintain the right environment for the right bugs to do the right things.

Screw a maid though. I don't need anybody snooping around.

I feel like that post should be on the Riddle Thread.

My next query would be to ask if you work in a dairy?

I stayed a week on one when I was a kid. Got to ride a cow. Got to do farm work too. It is not for lazy people. So, no, I don't work on a dairy. :p

Anybody ever think about hiring a maid or servant to brew/rack/bottle your beer for you?

This hobby might not be for lazy people.

No, but I think about hiring hookers who clean house & look great in scanty French maid outfits every time I think about what I'd do if I won the $100 million on Powerball. :ban:
Regards, GF.

No, but I think about hiring hookers who clean house & look great in scanty French maid outfits every time I think about what I'd do if I won the $100 million on Powerball. :ban:
Regards, GF.

Hiring hot maids to clean the house and fulfill the weekly services plus some additional odds and ins would be ideal.

Then you would have the free time to brew and bottle.

Or... talk one of the neighbors into brewing and bottling and then just drink THEIR beer.

Hiring hot maids to clean the house and fulfill the weekly services plus some additional odds and ins would be ideal.

Without turning this into a "letter to Playboy", I will say that I have a very hot, young, blond Polish maid. We had older ones in the past, and my wife got this one while I was in China. She called and said the new one was very attractive - like a model.

I work from home, and I will tell you that she is quite distracting. As cool as it might sound, I would not recommend it, especially if you've a lecherous side that you do your best to subdue :D

Without turning this into a "letter to Playboy", I will say that I have a very hot, young, blond Polish maid. We had older ones in the past, and my wife got this one while I was in China. She called and said the new one was very attractive - like a model.D

pics or it didnt happen ;)

Without turning this into a "letter to Playboy", I will say that I have a very hot, young, blond Polish maid. We had older ones in the past, and my wife got this one while I was in China. She called and said the new one was very attractive - like a model.

I work from home, and I will tell you that she is quite distracting. As cool as it might sound, I would not recommend it, especially if you've a lecherous side that you do your best to subdue :D

I'm sighing dejectedly here...
And wondering where my $100 millon is. :confused:
Nope, not under there.
Regards, GF.

Wait, is your hot maid single? Need a butler for a week or 2? :D

Train her how to brew you some all grain, from cradle to grave, and you have yourself a winner.

Pappy, pics! You got a hot gal working for you ... yah got to send a few pics. It's in the ManCode. I'm certain. :fro:

As a single dad who leaves at 7:00 in the morning for work and gets home at 6:00 to cook dinner, fix lunch for the next day at school, spend time with my daughter, clean the house, do laundry and then try to do whatever I want to do for myself, I sure wish I could afford a maid!
I wouldn't have them do any brewing chores though.
That's me time.

The maid would just be freeing up time for things like brewing and reloading.

With a little luck she would be beautiful, very friendly, work cheap and be a live in!

Isn't that a WIFE, washing, ironing, fVcking, etc.? J/k My fiance calls herself a wife in training. However I do a lot of the cooking and such. She does the laundry. equal roles but a maid would be sweet.

Isn't that a WIFE, washing, ironing, fVcking, etc.? J/k My fiance calls herself a wife in training. However I do a lot of the cooking and such. She does the laundry. equal roles but a maid would be sweet.

Not all wife's do that stuff. Some watch T.V. and spend your money on things like horses.
Another bonus of a maid is you can get rid of her if you don't like her for tens of thousands of dollars less than it costs to get rid of a wife!

My wife is OCD when it comes to cleaning, cooking, laundry et al. She hates the way I do house work. So she forbids me to perform house chores! :) About the only thing she wants me to do is take the garbage out.

On the other hand, she does spend every penny I give her and yells at me more than a guy likes. But... at least my house chores get done.

She has kicked me outside for brewing though... she doesnt like the smell of steeped grains or hopped malt boils.

She would love a maid herself... especially for laundry.

The person who invents the automated washer/dryer/folder for under 1000 bucks will become the next multi-billionare I am convinced.

Until they were sued because it didn't fold the towels right.

Piece of advice. If you hire a maid. She needs to be ugly and old, very old and ugly. When I was younger me and my room mates hired a good looking girl as a maid. Was good at first, until we all started getting affectionate with her. She became more familiar with us and it went downhill from there.

Piece of advice. If you hire a maid. She needs to be ugly and old, very old and ugly. When I was younger me and my room mates hired a good looking girl as a maid. Was good at first, until we all started getting affectionate with her. She became more familiar with us and it went downhill from there.

But you have all the fun memories from it.

I doubt it was that bad.

When in college we had some hoochies come over and clean and cook for us. I never complained.

Until they were sued because it didn't fold the towels right.

That's where 'SHE' will have to just accept the towel folding flaws of the automatic folding machine.

Although... it would be funny to read all of the negative feedback on Amazon about not folding shirts into 6 inch squares. :D

I'm sure you meant to make this sound like it was a problem for you eventually, but honestly, it just sounds like an awesome experience. Unless she turned out like the maid in Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin movie...

Latest posts

Back