Subtle Sipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where's your favorite place to sneak a beer?

• Work

• School

• Public Transportation

• Movie Theater

• Library

• Store

• Public Park

• Church

• Nader 2008 Campaign Offices

• Other (Please Specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike B

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Right now, I'm enjoying a beer in a library. Childish as it sounds, I gotta admit that breaking the rules makes it taste a little better.

I'd like to take a survey on where the other good, adventurous spots are. Where is your favorite place to sneak an illicit brew? Sneak a couple into the movie theater? Sporting events? Work? Church?

I don't go to the movies often, but when I do (and it's not with the kids), I almost ALWAYS sneak in a few beers. It just makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

I very seldom go to theaters, but I used to go to the Drive In every weekend. I would always bring at least a 12 pack. (Note: The one I go to shows 2 movies so I would end up drinking most of the beer during the first show and then I would fall asleep in the back of my truck during the second movie.) This, of course, was before my kid was born.
Pickup Trucks + Air matresses + Drive Ins + Beer = A Good Time

Sporting events! I live near Atlanta, so I stop at the Varsity and get chili dogs with onions and onion rings and an extra to-go box. I fill up the extra to-go box with a few beers.

Ó Flannagáin said:
In germany they sold beer at the theaters :( miss that.

In New Orleans they sold Jack and Coke Icees and daiquiri at the movies...it was cool.

Who picked church, and why, and HOW?!?!

Maybe a flask, but there's a story behind sneaking a drink at church.:drunk:
I hope you weren't just counting communion. :D

We have a beer theatre in my home town, pop 11,000. Every thursday night.

I sneak a beer on my way home from work sometimes. its a 28 mile drive, so a 24 oz travelr works out just right. Pisses the wife off tho....

Concerts: Who wants to pay those prices? I once snuck a case of Michelob into the Celebrity Theater.
Parks: As feedthebear mentioned, in a travel mug.
Theaters: We used to take pints of whiskey and catch the matinee but slowed down to beer.

Wild

feedthebear said:
Occasionally I'll pour a beer into a coffee travel mug and take a walk in the park.

Huh? In what park is beer illegal???

Edit: Oh wait, you live in Utah. Man, you gotta move to the midwest.......

When I lived in the SF Bay area, one of my friends would fill up a camel-back and go to the RenFaire as a hunchback! Had to lean against a tree to get the last pint out. The Faire sold beer, but it was expensive. We always ended up buying a few pints anyway.

I'll bring a growler into work every once in a while to share with my boss and another guy. Closed door late afternoon meeting of course.

I used to work at a software company where we had MGD in the soda machine and 3 Sprecher beers on tap. Then a corporation bought us out and put the noose around that idea after about 6 months :(.

The movies is the best. Not beer, usually, because it's hard to keep cold...but booze rocks. I like taking a flask of bourbon. Pernod is fun too.

In San Antonio, we have a draft house movie theater and a couple other theaters that have full service bars in them. Plus, the bars are 18+ in age and have their own theaters for adults.

Nothing like getting up to get a refill on a 24oz'er during the cheesey sensitive moments in flicks.

I live in an on-campus apartment at my college and unfortunately its a "dry" campus, which means every beer I have here has been snuck in.

Many, many nights of pulling around "airport luggage" past security up to the room.

School. We used to buy the OJ bottles at the student store and top them off with vodka. Made home room more interesting. :tank:

Years ago I had a co-worker whose dad died. It was one of the biggest wakes I'd ever seen. As I got closer to the receiving line, I noticed that my co-worker and her boyfriend were drinking glasses of 7-Up. When I got up to her to offer my condolences, she opened up a cooler, pulled out a Zima, poured it into a glass, and handed it to me. She and her boyfriend were both trashed. I guess it wasn't 7-Up after all. :drunk:

Portland has tons of movie theaters that also serve beer. Great places, great places indeed.

lol behind the zion curtain? That's frickin hilarious! I gotta remember that as a euphemism for Utah!

eviltwinofjoni said:
Portland has tons of movie theaters that also serve beer. Great places, great places indeed.

Yeah that is nice to be able to get good brew and a movie.

I guess sneak isn't the right word, we have wine and beer tasting at my work occassionally. After hours of course.:mug:

I've never sneaked a beer into any place.

My job is pretty cool, small office of people who like each other and aren't stuck up pricks. I brewed a batch of Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale for my CEO and got 15 gallons of apfelwein on for our Xmas party (thought none of us are Christian - just an excuse to drink and relax). When I've got a new brew in bottle, I take it in to work and we drink it over lunch.

There's a microbrew down the road, I've gone off there to have some drinks at lunch.

Other than work, I'm at home, a bar or the LHBS. I have no social life at all. :)

Back