Bar Build/Basement overhaul... Progress tracker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, bar looks awesome, I'm sure you can't wait to "break it in".

I may have missed it, but how are you cooling the beer lines in the coffin box? Also, I have some rope lights and those suckers get hot, are yours mounted inside the coffin w/ the beer lines? If so, seems you'd need to work extra hard keeping your beer lines cool.

There is a pic of the back of the coffin somewhere in this thread. I ran copper piping up through some PVC, each line runs through a copper pipe that runs down into the freezer. Keeps it decently cold. No foam issues yet. You are right about the rope lights getting hot though. I need to insulate inside the coffin, just haven't gotten to it yet.

First party with the bar. Happy Halloween!!

My buddy posing with the taps.
DSCN5835.jpg

Friends chilling at the bar.
DSCN5840.jpg

We got some really good feedback. Everyone seemed to like it which makes me happy.

Thanks for everyone's input and I'll keep posting pics as we finish off the rest of the room. IT should go relatively quickly from here......

First party with the bar. Happy Halloween!!

Thanks for everyone's input and I'll keep posting pics as we finish off the rest of the room. IT should go relatively quickly from here......

how much $ was the copper sheet you used .....what was the thickness??

how much $ was the copper sheet you used .....what was the thickness??

Got the copper Here. Its 5 mil copper or .005" thick. I used sanded plywood as a backer board for it. It cost me just under $200. It was not easy to work with. A LOT of wrinkles and faults came through, which is a major reason i ended up brushing it. I'm glad I did. I think it looks better than if it had laid down perfectly and I hadn't brushed. It would have been far too much sq footage for plain copper.

DUmb question but how do you load corny kegs into the keezer? Im looking to do a similar build but havent gotten past that sticking point yet!

I like how you did this.. and you're really making me wish I'd held out for a copper bar top.

And your friends have better looking wives than mine do. Shhh... ;-)

I like how you did this.. and you're really making me wish I'd held out for a copper bar top.

Thanks, funny thing is I was just reading your bar build as well! I like your behind bar set up. I wish I had thought of doing something like that.

And your friends have better looking wives than mine do. Shhh... ;-)

Haha! Nice.

Thanks, funny thing is I was just reading your bar build as well! I like your behind bar set up. I wish I had thought of doing something like that.

The only problem with the bar back is that I really stuffed myself for space... in hindsight, I should have just put a keezer back there and some shelves on the wall to hold the spirits... nothing really in my design was forward-thinking enough to allocate for cold beer storage.. well, not at the quantities I now have... lol

There is still a lot of space under the bar and under the bar back, and while I am continuing my search for a ready-made surplus/used/cheap commercial option, I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact that I just might have to build a custom refrigeration unit to store cornies (when I start kegging) and bottled brews.

And, of course, now I'm flip-flopping on whether to put taps on the wall, or a beer tower in the elbow of the bar... lol Knowing me, it will end up being both.

:ban:

Very nice. Any pictures of the completed room?

Damn, I knew someone was going ask this haha. Unfortuantely, I have not made much progress from this point. I know its been like 8 months, but I ran out of money and then started a different project when more money came in. I really need to finish it up. I've been having a hard time finding a good ceiling for cheap. It's kind of a big space and ceilings can be expensive.

Hopefully in like 2 months I'll have completed pics.

It's been two months Bro. Anything new?

Why you gotta call me out on the fact that I have done absolutely no work on this!!! HAHA. Dman I need to finish this basement up. I'm still broke...

But the wife just got a job!!! So I should have a bit more money in the near future.

Give me until the end of the year? :eek:

You won't believe this, but I've actually made some progress on my basement. After two years of the brewery being up and running (2nd Anniversary was on Feb 1st, fastest, and best, two years of my life :ban:) I finally had a few days and a bit of money to do some work on this thing!

I put down flooring and got it all trimmed out. I still need to paint both the trim and the doors, but as you can see from the last few pics, the next big hurdle is the ceiling. I have lighting all in. I just need to figure out what the **** to do for a relatively inexpensive good looking ceiling. I will shut up and show pictures now....

20150129_104456.jpg

20150129_104323.jpg

20150129_104510.jpg

20150129_104535.jpg

20150208_092555.jpg

20150208_092601.jpg

Back