Persimmon Wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swensonsn

Reaction score
Someone gave me about 20lbs of persimmons. I am using 15lbs to make some persimmon wine, and thought with the left over 5 lbs trying a Persimmon wheat. Has anyone tried this before? And recipes? Suggestions? :rockin:

Go for it! I've not used persimmons before, but I've made 2 batches of fruit Hefeweissen. One was kiwi, the other blackberry. I use a Franziskaner clone because of the slight sweetness and banana, and add the fruit at flameout then let it sit for ten minutes. The kiwi version is one of my friends' absolute favorite. The blackberry is a bit tart, but I like it a lot.

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

I have a Persimmon tree and have made a persimmon braggot and a persimmon mead. This year I will make a wine. I think your idea would be great!! I would just pick your favorite American Wheat recipe ferment as normal and add the fruit to the secondary. It has been my experience though that Persimmons are a pretty neutral fruit and that it takes a lot of fruit for it to make a difference flavor wise. But it does give it some of that cool orange color.

Back