Pumpkin Beer Sighting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pschof

Reaction score
I saw my first pumpkin beer of the year today--- Brooklyn's Post Road. Today is August 6, and most of the country is experiencing a heat wave.

Something to remember when there isn't a pumpkin beer to be found during the first week of November!

Shipyard Pumpkinhead has been out for a few days. Bert's Better Beers in Hooksett, NH says they are flying off the shelf.

I wonder if it just that its available ow and people can't get it all the time that makes it exciting.

I think ShipYard is really the bottom of the barrel when it comes to pumpkin beers, perhaps with the exception of Wolaver's.

I'll drink a sixer or so per season, I find it to be a decent beer if done properly. But part of "properly" means using the right ingredients. In this case that means pumpkins, not pumpkin extract. If the beer is done now, it was brewed sometime June/July? Don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen a fully grown pumpkin in the middle of summer . . .

Personally, I think they are to be enjoyed in October/November.

I drank a Dogfish Punkin Ale from this years test batch a few weeks back. It was fantastic.

Smuttynose Pumpkin has been on the shelf for a bit now as well...

Back