UK wants to increase beer & booze prices (TAX IT MORE)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got a 400% increase in Anchorage a while back. To help curb the natives from drinking too much. Yea that really worked well

Makes one think of these quotes

The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it. [H.L. Mencken]

The only good bureaucrat is one with a pistol at his head. Put it in his hand and it's good-by to the Bill of Rights. [H.L. Mencken]

"In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to the other." [Voltaire]

A number of years ago some college student over indulged, walked into the river and drowned. In response the government said that I can not buy a drink in a bar for less than $2.50. I now feel very confident that I'm properly protected against wandering into the river when I go out for a beer and damned grateful for it!

PeteOz

No they started drinking listerene and Vanilla extract. Now when you go to the grocery store you have to have a manager open a lock box to buy those two things

I can beat that. Here they sniff petrol when they can't get a high any other way. Now that are selling "Special" Gas in restricted areas because you can't get high off it....

OPAL

Back