Velvet Merkin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhunk

Reaction score
Has the FW Velvet Merkin made it to stores yet? If so, how hard is it to come by? We get limited FW distribution around here but I love their specialty releases! I'd love to get my hands on a Merkin :)

Love their special releases also...huge FW fan!! Merkin didn't get released yet though. Slated for sometime in Oct. Like me, hope you find some.

Its gonna be a limited release for the year so hopefully you can land some. It sounds like it will be another great release from FW!!

Velvet merkin has already hit the shelves in SoCal. Just saw them today at my local bottle shop.

The release party at barrelworks was on Saturday.
Im sure east coast will see it in ~3weeks. Cali should be seeing it anyday on shelves.

Local whole foods (near Sacramento) went through a case in about 20 minutes. Had the beer guy hold one for me over the weekend and it was definitely fantastic. Anyone having trouble getting ahold of these?

Had it last year when it was draught only, BOY is this another great brew from FW. Just like DDBA the toffee creamy vanilla combo with the strong bourbon essence is phenomenal!

Big props to Adam, David and Matt again, cant wait till beers like PNC and Stickee monkee get regular distro, Firestone is at the top of their game!

EDIT: To answer thread question, new york has not seen it yet. Double DBA just hit over here a couple weeks ago so i would say at least 6 weeks for full disto from release date on these guys.

brent77 said:
I just picked up some. Can possibly get more if anyone cant find it.

I would love to get some if you can! We still haven't seen it yet and it's not looking like we will. If you could grab 2 bottles at list price I'd love to trade. I'm in IL and get a great assortment of stuff. Let me know. Thanks!!

I live 20 mins from fw brewery. Not sure how to ship it but maybe can figure it put if anyone needs it. Everyone deserves to try it.

Back