I'm so pissed!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I need to vent...So i was ready to bottle a 2 batches of beer tonight. I cleaned and sanitized all the bottles(2 batches)and all relative equipment,basically everything up to cleaning out my bottling bucket..Oh no, where is my bottling bucket? I had it when I racked last thursday. Where could it be??? After I rack a batch of beer from the primary to my secondary, I usually put the primary bucket on my deck just to air out alittle. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

I own a two family house and my father-inlaw lives RENT FRIGGIN FREE downstairs and come to find out he took MY!!!! bucket and used it to clean a drain and put drain cleaner in it...WTF!!!!He touches everything that's not his..I can't stand it.

I've been looking for a house so nobody touches my shyte every again..When I rent my apartment, I'm renting it to college kids..:D

UGH!!!!!!!I wish there was an all night HBS around..:mad: :mad: Now i have to do this all over again tomorrow..

Thanks..I feel alittle better. I guess it's not the end of the world..

damn... Your father in law? He's an adult, shouldn't he know better? Didn't he notice the spigot and say, "hmmm maybe this is for something specific? I'd say something to him and make him buy you a new one.

The again, maybe he did it on purpose because you're sleeping with his daughter:D

He's Greek and doesn't speak alot of english..Your damn right he's paying for it. It's not the money. I don't care about that, it's the principle..I had to ask my son if he took it..He was cleaning it out saying "it's fine it's fine"..No!! It's not fine..

Anybody know of a good nursing home...:D

it's a bad situation and he is an a hole, but as i have a daughter, i'd clean my stopped up toilet in your brewing gear too. live and learn friend, lock yer **** up :)

:mug:

edit: that said, if you have a clean carboy you can rack to that with the priming solution, and bottle with a siphon and a bottle wand, or even a clamp, or a judicious thumb. ;) gl!

I'd tell ya to write "DONT TOUCH" on the new bucket with a sharpie, but if he can't speak english, I'm sure he can't read it either. I will tell ya that old people "pass on" in their sleep all the time:cross:

shafferpilot said:
I'd tell ya to write "DONT TOUCH" on the new bucket with a sharpie, but if he can't speak english, I'm sure he can't read it either. I will tell ya that old people "pass on" in their sleep all the time:cross:

Since hes Greek, find out how to write "If you touch this, you're Turkish" in Greek. I guarantee he won't touch anything with that written on it

Actually your clean and sanitized bottles will be fine if you store them upside down in the box on some clean paper towels

Sounds like you need to go take that agression on your wife... in bed. :rockin: That'll teach him.

I don't know how old he is, but you mentioned a nursing home...I say give him a brake. Do you think he ruined your bucket on purpose? I bet to him a bucket is a bucket, and it never occurred to him that he would hurt it.

People don't treat the elderly with enough respect I think. I make a point of not honking, etc. at old people, because driving THEIR car at 15 MPH with their turn signal on, to get to the store and back, might be the only thing standing between them and a nursing home. I'd rather be shot than be in a nursing home.

And for the most part, even if they were an A-hole during their life, it wears off with age (usually) and you don't know what a wonderful resource/history lesson/friend they can be until they're gone.

I know it's your father-in-law, but I lost my own dad last year, and I regret every argument we ever had. (with an exception here and their)

well after that sentimental thought, no really it was nice lost my dad as well, spank her real hard and mumble under your breath what your going to do to his daughter tonight. He doesnt understand English too well right? I dont blame him being old, I blame him being f.ucking Greek!

I wouldn't like having drain cleaner in my bucket. I'd be so pissed for having the incident screwing up my plans.

Its better though that you had trouble finding it than had used it w/o knowing there was drain cleaner in the thing.

Other than the chemicals was there any damage to the pail? Can you rinse it w/ lots of water, bleach it out, and sanitze. I think you could re-use it if there was no damage to the thing.

I would recommend schooling him on using vinegar and baking soda as drain cleaner. I use it because we have a septic tank. Harsh chemicals are no good for its bio balance

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
well after that sentimental thought, no really it was nice lost my dad as well, spank her real hard and mumble under your breath what your going to do to his daughter tonight. He doesnt understand English too well right? I dont blame him being old, I blame him being f.ucking Greek!

That's got to be about the drunkest jumble of siht I've ever attempted to read.

I'm not gonna give him a brake. He's an ass, always been an ass. He has treated everybody like crap and i have every right to be pissed..With all do respect, you don't know what your talking about...

shafferpilot said:
drunk, sure. But honest! Thank god you didn't figure this out a month from now when you poured a bottle....

I know. I thought about that..I wonder if he's ever used it before?

And to think, i thought it was me that a couple of batches didn't turn out so good..:D

Bulls Beers said:
I'm not gonna give him a brake. He's an ass, always been an ass. He has treated everybody like crap and i have every right to be pissed..With all do respect, you don't know what your talking about...

My father in law lives with me and I feel the same way about him. Remember homicide is a crime..

Bulls Beers said:
I know I don't know what I'm talking about...that's why this was in the Druck'n Ramblin' forum, and I was posting at 12:04 AM. Just thought I'd offer a comment that was a little counter to the general opnion in this thread.:tank:

I do feel your loss though. SWMBO doesn't understand the relationship I have with my equipment, and just wonders why I hug my carboy.:mug:

Jesse17 said:
I know I don't know what I'm talking about...that's why this was in the Druck'n Ramblin' forum, and I was posting at 12:04 AM. Just thought I'd offer a comment that was a little counter to the general opnion in this thread.:tank:

I do feel your loss though. SWMBO doesn't understand the relationship I have with my equipment, and just wonders why I hug my carboy.:mug:

I tend to agree after the last comment. (with you jesse17) We don't know the situation, but were strangers offering advice after Bulls Beers venting. What's expected?

Thanks you for letting me vent.. It's nice telling my problems to people i don't even know..:D I picked up a new bottling bucket and everythings back to normal.. Well, for me anyway.Cheers guys.

Bulls Beers said:

learn to put your toys away

My Mother in law is a slob and a pack rat. When we bought her house cause she suck with $ so we got it cheap. It was 10-12 truck full of garbage just to get it cleared out.

MikeFlynn74 said:
My Mother in law is a slob and a pack rat. When we bought her house cause she suck with $ so we got it cheap. It was 10-12 truck full of garbage just to get it cleared out.
Please excuse me because I'm druck, but WTF did that have to do with anything?

Back