What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jonmohno said:
No,its made with honeymalt I believe from what I remember. Ill be looking around for it.:mug:

The information on their website leads me to believe there is in fact honey in the beer.

House Amber. Sorry bout the bad pic. It's dark outside tonight. Strange.

image-1818333641.jpg

First time having a full bottle. Had it at GABF, but the 1-2 oz pour wasn't nearly enough to truly appreciate this beer.

Pics are lookin good. I dont post much, but i can almost taste the beers, keep it up. Hop rod rye and Full Sail 06

Had 3 of a six pack of Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin' last night. That's a mighty fine beer. Tastes like lots of Simcoe hops in there!

WesleyS said:
The information on their website leads me to believe there is in fact honey in the beer.

It uses honey malt and honey, the honey flavor is most likely from the honey malt not the honey. The beers I've made with honey malt have a sweeter honey flavor, as opposed to beers where I've used honey and not honey malt.

Because then there would be no hype, and hype is what makes PtY #1. Kind of like why women want diamonds - they aren't rare, they are common, especially in the ~1K size range. Why are they so sought after? Because their import is precisely controlled so that an illusion of rareness is accomplished, making them expensive as hell. As much as I love RR, Vinnie and his beers I see him becoming just another of many kick ass brewers on the scene. Honestly I think he needs to step up his game. He's been doing the Pliny thing for a long time now, he should release another IIPA. It's what the people want.

This. Kind of like McDonald's and McRib. Only a select number of restaurants carry it now, and only during certain periods. There are even websites devoted to McRib sightings. If they made it a menu staple, it would lose it's elusive appeal and wouldn't sell nearly as well.

Just got my trade from allenH a couple hours ago and now I am sitting down to lunch with a Jai Alai and it's some really good beer. It's got all the hallmarks of a great IPA, but there's something in the background that I can't quite identify, but I like. There's a tiny bit of sweetness up front, but that's not it. I don't know what it is, but it's a great beer. Thanks, Allen.

20130117_120000.jpg

20130117_140700.jpg

Dont know if you can see the pic. Crappy bar lighting. Heady topper from alchemist brewing. I heard alot about it and had to try it.

Friggin NYC $12 bucks for this one can.

Safe to say its a one and done for me tonight.

image-126430247.jpg

Dave37 said:
Dont know if you can see the pic. Crappy bar lighting. Heady topper from alchemist brewing. I heard alot about it and had to try it.

Ps i feel like i just ate a bag of hop pellets.

In a good way. :mug:

Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout. Not the first time I've had this one. I really like the bitterness -- reminds me of a Green and Black's chocolate bar. I can't taste the oatmeal (IMO, Highlands OS is more oatmealy than this is), but otherwise the profile is just about perfect for me. I may try to do one of these someday when I get into AG.

HB Brett C dark ale. It's far from perfect, but it is perfectly drinkable, and not a bad first attempt at a brett primary. We've had 8" of rain since Monday and now 4" of snow this afternoon. My wife is stuck at work all night, so I get the feeling I'm going to wake up wondering just how many posts I made in this thread....

Since when did Heady start making it's way to NYC? I was under the impression it hadn't legitimately made its way out of VT yet.

nukebrewer said:
Since when did Heady start making it's way to NYC? I was under the impression it hadn't legitimately made its way out of VT yet.

I'd guess some enterprising bar owner stocked up on a recent ski trip. As long as nobody goes looking for a NY revenue label he'll make a killing :)

Stopped by my favorite bottle shop to pick up an OCS to try...and heard the greatest news in the history of beer-news (well, for me at least). Firestone Walker AND Founders will now be distributed to Texas. FINALLY.

Me want KBS.

image-1714697556.jpg

Back