gumbo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrfish

Reaction score
8 oz simple pale ale added to pot of gumbo made a world of difference. usually add to chili but never Gumbo.... until now not looking back will go in from now on!

1.75lb leg quarters
14 oz anduille
stewed tomatoes
tomato paste
1 cup ketchup
gumbo veggie mix
tony chacheres
hot sauce
gumbo file several tbs
garlic clove pressed

medium dark roux

75% homemade chicken stock
25% homemade beef stock

serve with low hop heat absorbing beer & a nice french bread over tumeric rice~:rockin: adjust heat as needed. I like mine "gulf coast hot" but have served "yankee tourist" style ;) for my southern ex wife.

I've never eaten or made a gumbo with tomatoes, tomato paste, or ketchup in it. I don't know what's up with that being some of the ingredients. And I must say, I probably live in the area that has the best gumbo you could ever taste.

I've never eaten or made a gumbo with tomatoes, tomato paste, or ketchup in it. I don't know what's up with that being some of the ingredients. And I must say, I probably live in the area that has the best gumbo you could ever taste.

Agree.... but Whatcha got JT?

Well, lets have a recipe!

Back