Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new but took some time with this. going to add two more taps and trays.

IMG_2745.jpg

OrkinYards said:
Here is mine, about as small as you can get with 4 kegs. The freezer is 27.25" wide and 22.5" deep.

I have a 5.0 cu/ft freezer that I want to convert with 3 taps. After measuring, 1 corny will have to sit on the compressor hump like yours. Do you have any problems with those cornys not being cold enough?

You know the ins and outs of your system but never underestimate the stupidity of the drunk.
I came out to the garage one evening and a friend and his GF had about 6 glasses of my brett saison on the table and he was drinking the beer from a full drip tray. He never told me what happened but somehow he couldn't get the tap to close so they were filling all the glasses they could reach until he could get it shut down. I admire his determination not to waste beer but that drip tray had been emptied twice that day already and was probably pretty funky, plus half if not all of the glasses they filled were dirty.

image-3025782003.jpg

Just finished my keezer this week. The wood work isn't perfect but it'll do until I can score a 14cu ft on craigslist and turn this into a lager box.

For the bottom side of the collar I used weather strip: Weather Strip

The top just uses the seal on the lid.

I actually just finished my keezer today and keged a brown ale. The two hinges are nice in that you can just open the top to check on things. The hinge on the collar allows easier change out of the kegs.

P1000236.jpg

P1000240.jpg

P1000248.jpg

P1000237.jpg

Did you just use plain old air compressor regulators. I'm thinking of it do to cost saving.

I came out to the garage one evening and a friend and his GF had about 6 glasses of my brett saison on the table and he was drinking the beer from a full drip tray. He never told me what happened but somehow he couldn't get the tap to close so they were filling all the glasses they could reach until he could get it shut down. I admire his determination not to waste beer but that drip tray had been emptied twice that day already and was probably pretty funky, plus half if not all of the glasses they filled were dirty.

Amazing how complicated the forward and backward movement of a Beer tap can be. I made those heavy ass chain handles because a ton of my friends would half open the tap and pour a big glass of foam. They are so heavy they almost flop forward on their own.

I was super confused for the first 6 months I had my keggerator up and running because people kept walking into the living room with big pours of foam. I kept messing with Pressure and line length trying to fix it. Then I watched them pour and realized they just can't figure out the complexities of perlick!!!

This is for all you veterans and military enthusiasts out there:

I built the tower out of a brass 105mm artillery shell casing. I drilled two holes in it for the taps and insulated it with foam pipe insulation.

The most difficult part was figuring out how to attach it to the top of the refrigerator since it didn't have a flanged collar for screws. I settled on creating a wooden "donut" that bolts to the refrigerator. The artillery shell then slips down over the top. The donut is tall enough and the fit is tight enough that it holds the tower securely.

It's a bit of a pain to swap out kegs, but it gives me a chance to Brasso the tower from time to time since it tends to tarnish.

Here's to fresh beer on tap in the garage!

Jan 2012 004.jpg

October 2011 012.jpg

Jan 2011 011.jpg

Jan 2011 037.jpg

Jan 2011 016.jpg

I built the tower out of a brass 105mm artillery shell casing. I drilled two holes in it for the taps and insulated it with foam pipe insulation.

This is great work BadOman. Making good use of that 105 casing

I have to say that using that shell is a very cool addition. Your tap handles are nice but a couple of 50 cal rounds or grenades would be a nice addition to the theme.

The most difficult part was figuring out how to attach it to the top of the refrigerator since it didn't have a flanged collar for screws. I settled on creating a wooden "donut" that bolts to the refrigerator. The artillery shell then slips down over the top. The donut is tall enough and the fit is tight enough that it holds the tower securely.

It's a bit of a pain to swap out kegs, but it gives me a chance to Brasso the tower from time to time since it tends to tarnish.

Here's to fresh beer on tap in the garage!

Nice job on tower... that is just too cool!:mug:

I have to say that using that shell is a very cool addition. Your tap handles are nice but a couple of 50 cal rounds or grenades would be a nice addition to the theme.

I have a .50 cal round I use from time to time but no grenades. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks for the idea!

I have a .50 cal round I use from time to time but no grenades. I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks for the idea!

Somewhere on here, maybe even in this thread, I saw a kegerator with two taps. One was a .50 cal round and the other was a grenade so I can't take credit for the idea.

I just wanted to thank everyone else who posted pictures and descriptions, great inspiration and ideas. I just finished this last night and this is my first post on here, so... no longer a "lurker" I guess. :rolleyes:

It’s just a simple collar job but I may get a bit more elaborate with it in the future.

Untitled by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Very clean looking. I like it! Also, I have a stout faucet on mine. If you haven't perfected the NITRO thing yet, I have found that it works perfectly to carb the beer to a very low level using CO2 and then put it on beer gas (75% NITRO, 25% CO2) @ 25 PSI. Leave it there for serving. It takes about 2 weeks on the beer gas to start pouring like a true NITRO pour. Enjoy!

I just wanted to thank everyone else who posted pictures and descriptions, great inspiration and ideas. I just finished this last night and this is my first post on here, so... no longer a "lurker" I guess. :rolleyes:

It’s just a simple collar job but I may get a bit more elaborate with it in the future.

Hey guys
just picked up a small upright fridgedaire and was wanting to keezer it, but after looking at it looks like the shelves are made out of the "cooling element", and thinking it might not work as the only way to get them out of the way would be to bend them and probably screw them up. anyone run into this before?

Check this out illinoisbuck...might be helpful. Not my video

[ame=http://youtu.be/gnKJ8cHcuKg]Converting a Magic Chef 4.4 cubic feet mini fridge into a KEGERATOR! - YouTube[/ame]

You could turn the freezer on and pay attention if they get cold first?... Usually the elements on those freezers run on the sides... but you never know, and if they dont remove easy you probably spot on with them being the cooling elements...

If you can fit your carboy's in there i see an opportunity for a lagering fridge!.. My next venture is just that...

I just finished building mine, very excited! The black paint is actually chalkboard paint so I can easily keep track of when the beers entered primary, secondary, keg, and identify which beer is on tap. Probably will add a second tap in the future but I didnt want to bite off more than I could chew at first.

kegerator.jpg

bigcountry67 said:
Here's my pride and joy I finished during Christmas! Thanks to all the HBT'ers for the inspiration to build this thing and start kegging.

Looks great!! What kind of paint did you use on the freezer? And also, is the lip at the bottom a tray with casters?

Hey BadOman, where'd you get that black knight tap? As an alum, I'd like to add that to my collection!

Hey BadOman, where'd you get that black knight tap? As an alum, I'd like to add that to my collection!

The new Kegerator 2.0 is finally done, and only five days before the Fourth Annual Germantown Homebrew Festival.

A special thanks to Quaffer and MW66 for their build threads and everyone else who provided inspiration. I also want to thank Rustoleum for their White Appliance Spray Paint, which along with a wire wheel and my cordless drill restored the rusty top of the freezer. It honestly looks like new. I know with all the work that goes into these, most opt to start with a new freezer, but this was my mother's who passed away last March.

What's left of Kegerator 1.0 is in the second pic, God rest her soul as well.

The New.jpg

The Old.jpg

Back