Brewpubs in Nashville, TN and Atlanta, GA, and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andysim

Reaction score
I'm heading down to Florida over the holidays. I'm looking for brew pub reccomendations in Nashville, Atlanta, northern FL near I-75, and Punta Gorda, FL :mug:

Thanks

No idea on the brewpubs, but don't miss out on trying the Sweetwater IPA if you've never had it before. Not sure if others like it as much as I do, but it's fantastic stuff - sweet, thick, and loaded with Simcoe, I can't stop drinking the stuff and it's more like dessert to me than any other beer I've had. I've tried a couple other of thier beers and didn't like them as much.

Yazoo's Hop Project is a good beer, and the brewery is in Nashville.

So is Blackstone.

Boscos brews their own beer, and is in a cool part of town called Hillsboro Village.

Not as familiar with nashville, but in atlanta there is twain's and the wrecking bar, both have good food and brewed in house beer. Also, the porter and brickstore pub. They aren't brewpubs, but both have excellent food and VERY good beer lists

I'm recommending Zane Lamprey's show, Drinking Made Easy on HDNet as a resource for drinking ideas in different cities.

In Atlanta, I would try heading to Sweatwater's taproom and TacoMac (the one located in mid-town Atlanta) as it has over 300 taps on their wall. Amazing!

Chattanooga has some places but I can't remember them. Nice chill dives around downtown.

Nashville is my hometown! Yazoo Brewery has a taproom (open on weird hours) but their tour is held on Saturdays I believe. You must get your hands on a beer named "Sue" as it's Yazoo's highest ACV%. Blackstone has great beer! The food is solid, but just go nuts with their beer (try Chaser Pale Ale and Nut Brown Ale). Boscos is a change of pace, but not my type of environment (try Bombay IPA). And finally, a great place for beer and some nice servers to look at is at Flying Saucer (over 200 taps on their wall). 12th South Taproom and Grill, Dan McGuinness, and Melrose Neighborhood Pub are some nice chill places!

When are you heading out to Nashville? I'll head back into town for the holidays as well.

Latest posts

Back