Hard Ice tea! :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renshaw

Reaction score
I think it comes under wine :)

I've made it before with tea bags, sugar and lime in secondary and came out very nice :)

Well, I was making my spiced cider and had some left over Vanilla & Cinnimon so i thought for a christmas based Hard Ice Tea so I've reboiled the left over bits and put the boiled content in a 500ml plastic bottle.
(Both going to be 1 gallon)
I'm going to make some the same way as i did before putting the lime in secondary but adding 250ml of the Vanilla and Cinnamon mixture to.

Making a second batch without the lime and just adding Vanilla and cinnamon to secondary :)

I think this should be very nice :)

If anything the flavours might be a little under strength.

Any thoughts on this? :)

Still have not started this!
I have the mixture in a bottle ready to be added!!
Will start this on Friday when i am off work! XD

Off topic, What is Missile Crisis Mead- Cafe Bustelo Espresso Mead (1 Liter bottle grenade)???

Sounds interesting.

I posted that puppy in my "Party Idea" thread actually. Its one of my two experimental 1litre bottle meads (because throwing away a liter wont hurt my heart as much if need be). I essentially made a bread yeast mead with espresso grounds (the cheap Cuban stuff they sell down the street from me). If any Cuban or Cuban American brewers dislike the cheeky "Missile Crisis" name, let me know and I'll change it.

Anyway, right now its still fermenting, and is a nice mudpuddle brown. I've got my fingers crossed!!

Basic mead. Liter of water, 1 lb. of honey, raisins for yeast food, yeast and coffee. Before the balloon inflated the bottles bear a striking resemblance to molotov cocktails, thus the grenade nickname.

I'm thinking that the best tool to get coffee grounds out of the bottle is going to be a coffee filter. hehe.

me ether mate.. I have to fish out all the bits.. Because i always mean to buy some.. But forget so i think what the hell!

Latest posts

Back