I love my job!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnodon

Reaction score
Just got back from a nice lunch at Hooters! :) Not that Hooters is any great shakes...but just one of many places we (my buddies at work and I) frequent during the work week.

Are you able to "partake" dunring work hours?

John

I'll occasionally take a late lunch and go down the road to bdubs and have one by myself. Only on those real ****ty days. maybe once a month. I need to get a copy of our handbook so I can see if it's allowed or not. If so, I'll partake a lot more often.

Been there done that. My mind set is sinced I am not being paid on lunch I can partake since it is my time not the companies. Just make sure to not come back smelling of anything other than onion rings and burgers.

Been there done that. My mind set is sinced I am not being paid on lunch I can partake since it is my time not the companies. Just make sure to not come back smelling of anything other than onion rings and burgers.

That may be your mindset, but if it's not your companies mindset, its still a problem :D

God I have wanted to so many time...>We have a great little bar near my work with 100 different beers and 15-20 taps....I'd go there more often if I could get a beer during lunch lol

Ohhh they have great food too LOL

God I have wanted to so many time...>We have a great little bar near my work with 100 different beers and 15-20 taps....I'd go there more often if I could get a beer during lunch lol

Ohhh they have great food too LOL

I'd have way too many half days with a place like that nearby :D

1 block away is Texas Chili Parlor. On bad days I'm known to have a whiskey and coke with my XL spicy chili :D

Definitely frowned upon -- wash the whiskey smell out and don't get drunk. Also watch out for 1PM meetings :D

Nope! I am not allowed to go back to work after drinking! Though, sometimes we do have company lunch events in which may imbibe, but we have to take the rest of the day off after those... :( Last time we went to an arcade with classic pinball and arcade games and then went to a British Pub where I fell in love:

images

But apparently, it is OK to admit it on the internet?

I'm not too concerned. If a jack and coke will get me fired in Austin, I don't want to work for them anyways.

Probably have a lawsuit as wine is sometimes provided at certain catered lunches.

I worked in a R&D department at my last tech job which was way less professional than my current job. 3PM on Fridays they provided beer and you could bring in whatever you wanted -- everyone kept it in moderation so it was never a problem.

Most engineers had a bottle of something hard in their office. It came out from time to time.

I know it's tough....I pass it every day....sadly....on my way into work...However, I am going there for lunch Friday with a friend.....

Just 1 Westmalle Triple wont hurt right? :mug:
Actually, it would be quite the opposite of hurting :mug:

I worked in a R&D department at my last tech job which was way less professional than my current job. 3PM on Fridays they provided beer and you could bring in whatever you wanted -- everyone kept it in moderation so it was never a problem.

Most engineers had a bottle of something hard in their office. It came out from time to time.
That's awesome. It would take a certain group of employees to responsibly handle it.

I usually have 2-3 swallows of homebrew after eating lunch before heading back to work. Not enough to be noticeable, but enough to wash down my food.

I'd love to be allowed a full glass of beer at lunch, but it's against policy, and I don't know if I'll be asked to drive a forlift or operate a molding machine.

A few years ago there were 4 - 5 of us at my work that were hardcore. What I mean is that 5 hour lunches were a regular occurrence...even in the middle of the week. :drunk: The one day (I vaguely remember), we had 6 pitchers of double Margaritas between the 4 of us (and that was after 2 – 3 beers). That was an interesting day. My buddy fell asleep in his car in the parking lot at work and his wife called me ~6:00pm that night asking if I knew where he was.

We have never really been that tightly managed at work (fyi...I am in a tech position) if anyone is wondering).

A wife and 2 kids later things have definitely settled down. LOL

John

Of my two employers, one "neither encourages nor condemns the consumption of alcoholic beverages", but doesn't allow possession on premises without approval. The other has a kegerator.

I know I've wanted to a number of times. My company is right across the street from a local brewpub. When the wind is blowing from the right direction I can smell the mash. Makes my mouth water. mmmmmm

My previous employer was quite the hop head, and a home brewer as well, so our fridge at work was pretty much always stocked, and about every two weeks or so he'd hand me a twenty and send me to the store, knowing I'd come back with something good. Now I manage a funeral home with one other person, so a beer on the clock really isn't an issue, occasionally we even go out for a company sponsored booze lunch.

We can't, but we always go to brewpubs or places with a good tap list for group lunches and such. It's torture!

Nope. Can't imbibe at lunch. Probably a good thing given I work around rotating machinery.

Latest posts

Back