dry hopping worry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keebrew

Reaction score
i decided to make a canadian pilsner from a kit first normal fermentation for about a week in primary then added pellet hopps to the carboy and transferd my beer to secondary with the hops. a day or two under 2 weeks (i normaly do 1 week in secondary)i decided its bottling day,i never checked the final gravity and didnt use a bottling bucket. i bottled straight from the carboy into bottles with carb drops. and noticed i had a bit of hopps lerking in the bottles. im worried if i made mistake with bottling to early with dry hopping and is it ok with a bit of hops in the beer. i have flip top bottles do i have to worry about bottles expoding. first time poster and new brewer ive made about 6 batches

If a lot of hops are going into the bottle it could cause problems like gushing out when the bottles are open. Since you already dry hopped and the pellets are already fully expanded and didn't put dry hops into bottles I think you will be fine.

Youll be fine, Any sediment that made it into the bottle will settle to the bottom with the yeast, it will just be more sediment.

thanks alot guys my mind is more at ease im just afriad of alot of things because its all new to me

Just make sure the beers are cold, and they get poured into glasses when you open them, like any good beer should be. The yeast and trub sediment in the bottoms of the bottle won't move if you pour cold. Enjoy.

Back