My DIY, on the cheap, tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpr121

Reaction score
I posted this in the larger DIY tap handles thread but thought I would post here seperately. Heres a couple of mine that I just whipped up today. I think they will go well in my rustic bar, plus they were super cheap - I used 2x3 ipe that was laying around from the bar trim project.

8 inches tall. I drilled a 1/2 inch wide hole for the brass tap inserts found on mcmaster (item 90016A031). I was able to start to tap the hole with the threads but ipe is a hella hardwood so I may need get a tap and die set or something. Either that or I drill the hole larger and epoxy them in.

The letters were free handed in and burned with my woodburner torch.

I plan on making wit, stout, porter, blonde, and lager, and maybe a few blank ones that I can burn at a later date or just add paper labels to.

I would also like cut a few dovetails on the opposite side where I can print labels with specific information on each beer.

IMG_20110911_174150.jpg

Yeah I think I may take a router to the edges to give it a lil more flair, but I think they look pretty good for costing me close to nothing.

Latest posts

Back