"Filtering"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillCity

Reaction score
I was in a little time crunch when it was time to dry hopp. I ended up tossing loose pellets into my secondary. If I tied either a hopp sack of piece of pantyhose to the end of my siphon hose, would that filter out the hopps, while leaving yeast for bottle conditioning?

Pellet hops are fine. I made the disaterous mistake of putting whole leaf hops into my secondary carboy, was a pain in the arse to get the beer out and into the keg. Turn out to be good beer anyway.

I recently pulled a ton of grain into one of my fermentors. I let it go and when it came time to bottle I used the panty hose over the siphon method and it work great, crystal clear beer... somehow.

I had pellet hops clog up by bottling wand once. I had "upgraded" to one that had a spring loaded valve rather than the gravity powered one that came with my kit. I wound up racking beer back and forth a couple of times and reinstalling the old one. I use hop sacks every time now.

Back