Good quality and Cheap Extract kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucks-04

Reaction score
Where are some good places to buy good quality and cheap Extract kits? Thanks

I also buy all of mine from Midwest Supplies. They have never let me down. After I made my first batch and my friends thought it tasted great I pretty much became a lifetime customer.

Keep an eye on the promotional kits from Austin Homebrew. I ordered the Karakanawa Pale Ale out of curiosity a few weeks ago and am enjoying it now. It is easily my best homebrew yet! (I've done about 25 or so batches), and the least I have paid for a kit.

I order pretty much exclusively from AHS. Done a few kits from morebeer and was not impressed. But then again those were also the first ones I did so it is more likely my fault then the kits.

If you want clone brews, I'd absolutely recommend Austin homebrew. Otherwise I like brewmasters warehouse.

My first kit ws from homebrewers outpost and my co-workers who homebrew said that they really enjoyed my first batch (northface nut brown extract kit). My second kit is from them and it is fermenting away in my primary

I'd like to put in a "vote" for William's Brewing. Good kits. Not too expensive....Any other opinions out there?

NRS

I'd like to put in a "vote" for William's Brewing. Good kits. Not too expensive....Any other opinions out there?

NRS

Sure. William's Brewing is good value. I bought their "siphonless fermentor" and priming bucket about 10 years ago, and still use them as my #1 rig to this day. Good stuff.

Northern Brewer rocks.. I live pretty close but still do online orders. I get them delivered in 2 days after I put in my order.

Austin Homebrew Supplies is awesome!! I have done a cream ale and extra special bitter and have them on tap right now and they're great. I have a wheat stout and belgian white brewing and a british ipa that I need to get started today. These are much better than coopers kits and when they have a sale they have it in stock unlike Tom Heffernan of makebeer.net that uses bait and switch tactics. Twice as soon as I got the email on a "special" they were having I called and they were out but said, "we'd be happy to sell you one at regular price". Pretty lame if you ask me. But as it turned out I found a great place to buy my homebrew supplies. AHS rocks!!

If you want clone brews, I'd absolutely recommend Austin homebrew. Otherwise I like brewmasters warehouse.[/QUOTE

Austin Homebrew has MUCH MUCH more than just clone brews. I could brew a kit every week for the rest of my life and not try them all!!

Where are some good places to buy good quality and cheap Extract kits? Thanks

Coopers at makebeer.net is relatively cheap and the kits are VERY easy to make. With their kits you can mix up a five gallon batch of beer inside of an hour, they're typically in the bottle within 7 to 10 days and some of them are quite tasty! I highly recommend the "Canadian Blond" kit. I used it a time or two and my friends all went nuts over it. Although I've moved on to bigger and more complex brewing, they always want to know when I'm going to do another batch of the Coopers.

Thanks for all of the props. We are moving to a new facility next week. 3 times the size of our current location. The new location is 18,000 sq ft.

This move will allow us to lower prices on thousands of items including beer recipe kits.

You will have to give us a little time because it is a big undertaking to lower that many prices. But you will see prices falling.

Thanks for all of the support and your continued business.

Forrest

I'll gladly throw up another vote for Austin Homebrew. I started out with their extract kits before going all grain and loved every one of them. As I type my wife is in the other room picking out some extract kits from AHS because she's getting the bug just from me loving homebrewing so much. I wouldn't recommend something to my wife that I don't stand behind.

Forrest, you need an option for cheaper shipping. All I wanted to order was 1oz of amylase enzyme and you still want to charge me 7.99 for shipping!? Give me a break, you could probably fit that in an envelope and send it US mail. I'll even pay you for the stamps.

Coopers at makebeer.net is relatively cheap and the kits are VERY easy to make. With their kits you can mix up a five gallon batch of beer inside of an hour, they're typically in the bottle within 7 to 10 days and some of them are quite tasty! I highly recommend the "Canadian Blond" kit. I used it a time or two and my friends all went nuts over it. Although I've moved on to bigger and more complex brewing, they always want to know when I'm going to do another batch of the Coopers.

Couldn't agree more. I've come full circle from canned kits to extract with grains, to partial mash to all grain - I've enjoyed them all. But right now, with time a real consideration, I've found I can make some great beers in about an hour with Coopers, and Makebeer.net is very consumer friendly, as is Austin Homebrew. It just depends on how much time you want to devote to making good beer.

I currently use Northern Brewer for just about everything but I also like Homebrew Heaven in Washington state. William's is great and I used them before I discovered NB and HH but since I live in CA, the sales tax was killing me!

Also, E.C. Kraus (I think that's their name) sells the absolute best plastic fermentation vessels I have ever seen. I purchased one a few months back and now I want to buy about three more.

northern brewer and midwest supplies are my faves. And, remember cheaper isn't always better. I started investing a bit more in some quality yeasts and wow, what a difference.

Has anyone tried austin homebrew's brewing on a budget kits? I'm thinking of trying the ipa and the stout.

I am drinking the budget IPA now. It's a good middle of the road IPA..not overly hoppy and easy to drink. May brew it again with some additional hops.

I am drinking the budget IPA now. It's a good middle of the road IPA..not overly hoppy and easy to drink. May brew it again with some additional hops.

A lot of the comments on the site mention dry hopping it so I figured I would take their advice and try that. I was going to buy the hop stoopid clone kit but I just ordered a two keg setup and the budget is low until after the holidays. This will be my first kegged beer.

Northern and Morebeer are my goto's. Decent prices and great ingredients. NB Creme Ale is the ****! That will be on my permanent goto beer for summer!

Back